You know what? I'm going to settle back and enjoy life. I have a family. I have a childhood. I can be grateful.
Kana didn't ask to be Kakashi Hatake's daughter, but she finds plenty of other things to question.Kakashi's Kid
is a Naruto
self-insert fanfic with a hilariously intelligent, cynical narrator. Although the fic is young (the main character is currently four), it has great potential.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Accidental Aiming Skills
- Action Dad: Kakashi.
- Author Avatar
- Awesomeness by Analysis: With Kakashi for a father, this is not surprising. However, Kana has shown this in arguably every chapter.
- Badass Family: They haven't teamed up yet, but it's only a matter of time.
- Big Brother Instinct: Kana when her twin brother is threatened.
- Blood Lust: Sparrow. Strawberries!
- Child Soldiers: There is no doubt what career Kakashi Hatake's children will have.
- Creepy Child: How most ANBU view the Hatake twins.
- Did I Say That Out Loud: Unfotunately, Kana's mental filter only works 99.99% of the time.
- Deadpan Snarker: Kana's thoughts are full of this.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Bacon-san. He even starts calling himself this.
- Imposter Forgot One Detail
- Killing Intent: Practically Kana's signature. She practiced this often as an infant, almost exclusively on Kakashi. She has also used it as an eerily effective distress call.
- Mysterious Parent: Kana and Kato's mom. All that is known is that she has red hair, but that's hardly something to go on.
- Overprotective Dad: So far, limited to a mere kidnapping attempt.
- Past-Life Memories: What Kana relies on, until she realizes that the world is not set in stone.
- Reincarnation: Kana.
- Self Insert: Judging by the snarking in the author's comments, it's pretty dead close.
- Smart People Play Chess: Checkers at age one. Shōgi at age three. Of course, Kana's mental age is closer to twenty. She has also spent a few years memorizing Shikamaru's strategy.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Kana, if only because she is probably older than her father.