Fan Fic: Infection
Infection is a Death Note Fan Fic written by DXM Junkie and posted on Fan Fiction.net.The summary as given by the author is this: During the investigation, an outbreak appears in Great Britain. It's known only as the Rage Virus, an infection that kills anyone who's exposed. Forced to divert his attention away from the Kira case and towards the new developing worldly crisis, L brings the soft and uncalculating Light Yagami with him to the UK. There, things change.It's a fic where L and Light have landed themselves in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse in England. They wind up trapped in the country during a quarantine to prevent the virus from spreading. They're trapped in a mall with three other survivors; a little girl named Corey who Light rescues, a teenager named Rachel, and a middle-aged military man named Kent. Also, while there they get a Relationship Upgrade.This page is still a work in progress.
"Infection" provides examples of:
- A Friend in Need: When Light contracts blood poisoning after falling off the roof of the mall and into the pile of corpses. He needs antibiotics to fight it off, and the only way to get them is to leave the safety of the mall for a pharmacy.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Light. It causes him a lot of issues, but his new personality ultimately wins out in the end for various reasons.
- Becoming the Mask: Light.
- Black Eyes of Evil: The infected have these; their pupils dilate to the point where they almost completely cover the entire cornea.
- Blood from the Mouth: Along with the eyes, the infected vomit blood.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Then the anime it's based on; which is a given since people are being cannibalized. YMMV.
- Captain Obvious: L at one point in chapter six. It's lampshaded too.L: This situation is bad, Raito-kun, very bad.Light: Thanks for stating the obvious.
- L does this a few other times as well.
- Cliff Hanger: Given that the fic hasn't updated since 2009, this is to be expected. And the ending of the last posted chapter borders heavily on being a Tear Jerker, which makes it worse.
- Dead Fic: It hasn't been updated since December 2009.
- Driven to Suicide / Dying as Yourself: Kent.
- Fire-Forged Friends: The survivors.
- Heel-Face Turn: Light has one.
- Heroic BSOD: L has one after Kent dies when they left the mall.
- Heroic Sacrifice: You can view Kent's death this way, and it crosses over into Tear Jerker when you realize he was going to adopt Corey once they were rescued.
- Original Character: The three other survivors trapped with L and Light.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Type M – they're a combination of Types F and P.
- Perky Goth: Rachel.
- Scary Black Man: Kent.
- Self-Made Orphan: It's implied at one point that Rachel could be this, but it's not elaborated on and we don't figure out exactly what it is that happened.
- Shipper on Deck: Rachel.
- Single-Target Sexuality: L. He's Light-sexual. Light could also qualify, although for him it's a little more of an example of If It's You, It's Okay.
- Slash Fic: The main pairing is L/Light.
- Survivor Guilt: L definitely shows this when Kent dies. The characters have some aspects of this, which given the circumstances is understandable.
- Team Mom: Light and L argue who fills this role, but it's actually more likely to be Rachel.
- The Virus: What kicks off and fuels the Zombie Apocalypse. It's called the Rage Virus.
- Zombie Apocalypse