Fan Fic / Graduate Meeting Of Mutual Killing
Akane Ogata, former student of Hope's Peak Academy where she was known as Super High School Level Chemist, lives in the world during the Despair incident. She receives a letter where she's summoned by the Future Foundation to help restore the world. After being reluctant for a while to follow the instructions in the letter, she decides to go ahead and see what the fuss is about.
Soon she finds herself and other fifteen graduates trapped in an underground shelter, with seemingly no way out. Soon Monobear makes his appearance and reveals that the only way to get out is to kill somebody else and not to get caught. He however adds one warning: the food resources in the shelter will be running scarce if they wait for too long, and before they know it, they'll have no food at all to eat.
The story was finished in February 2015 and has a sequel being written right now.Graduate Meeting of Mutual Killing
is a fanfiction story set in the “Dangan Ronpa
” universe, after the events of the first game. Written by Reading Forever
This Dangan Ronpa fanfiction contains examples of:
- After the End: Although the story is set after "the Worst, Most Despairing Event in the History of Mankind", the reader only gets glimpses from the state of the world, such as the beginning of the story.
- Amateur Sleuth: The only professional detective was Matsukaze. The main protagonist, a Chemist, had no experience with this kind of abilities.
- Anyone Can Die: Customary from the Dangan Ronpa franchise and anything related to it.
- Artificial Intelligence: In this story, Monobear is mainly controlled via AI, although the Mastermind may input new commands if needed.
- Blackmail: Reiji Ohmoto uses his knowledge of Ginchiyo's secret to force her to kill Sakurai
- Big Bad: Monobear continues being the Big Bad, even if he has less “screen-time” than the rest.
- Body of the Week: As expected, the only way out is to kill one of the other graduates.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Apparently, Diavolos Avante uses a version of the Junko Enoshima AI to brainwash the Board Members, possibly to get rid of any moral inconveniences they may have with their plans.
- Clear My Name: The protagonist gets marked as the main suspect in Chapter 1, thanks to her lab coat being found with the body, leading to her defending herself in the trial.
- Co-Dragons: Valkyrie and Vieiras to Veritas
- The Corpse Stops Here: A few of the graduates, mostly Sakurai, have a tendency to stick with the first suspect, and express unwillingness to change their opinions easily.
- Convenient Coma: Akane Ogata lasted in coma for a whole chapter and a little more. Then she woke up with relatively harmless lasting effects
- Crapsack World: The result of "the Worst, Most Despairing Event in the History of Mankind". Scavenging through abandoned convenience stores and seeing beloved people being killed by rioters aren’t uncommon events.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The executions continue being made especially for the culprit. Debatable with Matsukaze's death in the second chapter (internal bleeding due to a malfunctioning machine)
- Dark Secret: In Chapter 3, Monobear uses this as a motive, however, instead of saying he’ll reveal it to the world outside (where the graduates know nobody will care), he chose to reveal the secrets between them.
- Dead Person Conversation: The dead graduates talk with Akane, both while she was in coma and after she woke up. Subverted in a sense, as it is implied they aren't real spirits from the dead graduates, but fragments of Akane's mind talking to herself as a possibly temporal effect of her head trauma.
- Despair Event Horizon: Monobear's goal (and therefore the Masterminds goal) seems to be to continue spreading despair. The use of the motives seems to hint it.
- Deuteragonist: Yukio Ohmoto, while Ogata is in coma.
- Dwindling Party: At the beginning, there were sixteen graduates. To the moment of this being written, there are nine left.
- Eureka Moment: Ogata realizes just while it happens that Toriumi's seemingly senseless game in middle of the trial was a ruse to find who between them was left-handed.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Yukio really didn't take well Reiji's involvement in Sakurai's murder, much less he being the mastermind of it.
- Evidence Scavenger Hunt: The main character, along with a few others, search in the crime scene and a handful of other places for clues to catch the culprit.
- Exact Words: In Chapter 2, Monobear stated that since Matsukaze had suffered internal bleeding, his statement that “there was no significant blood loss” was true, since most of the blood was still inside Matsukaze's body
- Also in Chapter 2, the graduates use this against Monobear, stating that since Hikasa had received authorization from one of the Monobear spares, he had not broken the rule about not entering the Principal’s Office without authorization, even if the permission itself didn’t come from the real Monobear
- Fiery Cover-Up : Miyata’s way to distract everybody so he can get out of his hiding place was a bomb.
- Fission Mailed: Chapter 3's trial. Ginchiyo gets accused of being the mastermind of the murder and is revealed to be incorrect. Monobear declares that the real mastermind will get iout of the shelter, and that person takes the chance to gloat. At least until Ginchiyo herself manages to point a detail that leads to Yukio turning everything around and getting Ginchiyo marked as the mastermind, allowing everybody else to live.
- Hand Wave: Invoked in Chapter 2. The graduates wonder how Monobear knew about the internal bleeding if he didn’t even know that Matsukaze had entered his office.
Monobear: Okay, I'm just going to wave my paw, and we'll all pretend the whole internal bleeding business was cleared up since the beginning, alright?
- High Voltage Death: Sakurai's cause of death was electrocution via high voltage wires
- Idiot Hair: Kudo
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Sakurai’s body was found pinned to a wall with a stake through his chest
- Informed Ability: More than ever. Very few of the graduates actually show their talents in action
- Jerkass: Masaru Miyata and Reiji Ohmoto. Toriumi also has a few bouts of jerkassery, whether it’s intentional or not.
- Lights Off, Somebody Dies: Inverted. A blackout wasn't caused to murder somebody. The blackout was a direct consequence of the murder
- Limited Wardrobe: Yamaguchi has several of the same outfit in her bedroom. It’s unknown if the other graduates have a similar situation.
- Locked Room Mystery: Chapter 3’s murder seems to happen in one, at first glance. However, thanks to the presence of the vent in the ceiling, it may not be one of these anymore.
- Manslaughter Provocation: Chapter 1. Sawashiro killed Saitou after being attacked by the later
- Nebulous Evil Organization: Diavolos Avante seems to be one of these. They have a Main Board and the little paragraphs that have been seen about them hint nefarious intention.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Both Ogata and Sawashiro have red eyes. So far, played straight with Sawashiro, despite it being in self-defense
- The Remnant: Monobear announces that there is a Super High School Level Despair among the graduates.
- Sadistic Choice: Kill one of the graduates and return to the dangerous and apocalyptic world out there or die by starvation at some point when the shelter runs out of food.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: After Monobear’s office is opened, he makes new rules to hinder any possible future investigation. And after a loophole with the I Ds is discovered, Monobear also creates a new rule to fix it, only for his own convenience.
: Woah, woah, woah. Where do you think you're going, Akechi Kogoro?"
But why would he say… "Vorudemoto
" to Monobear? Was he confronting the robot using that word?
Are we…ahahaha…are we going to refer to the keyword as 'that person'? Hikasa-san, I had no idea you even liked those book series!
- Tap on the Head: Averted. Ogata is hit on the head twice . The first one gave her bleeding wounds, eliciting screams of pain and apparently a difficulty to walk. Then she gets hit again, and falls into a coma.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Toyogushi is really fond of chewing gum.
- Twin Switch: In one of the characterization chapters, it’s revealed that brothers Reiji and Yukio did a temporal Twin Switch, instigated by Yukio, as he was afraid of the consequences his bad money management would have in his reputation with the Hope’s Peak Administrative Council. This switch led to the loss of everything Yukio had worked for in his life.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair / Implausible Hair Color: Main character Akane Ogata has blue hair. Other implausible hair colors are Curtis’ (pink), Matsukaze’s (purple) and Miyata’s and Chiba’s (green)