Fan Fic: First Contact A Gemini Story
Name: Jessica Grace FletcherFirst Contact: A Gemini Story is a Phineas and Ferb General Fanfic, written by a user named Fossils Da Da Da (Who also happens to be a troper) that is currently posted on pffanon.wiki.com. It can be read here.In it, Ferb wakes up in the middle of the night after having a nightmare. To keep his mind of the bad dream, he re-calibrates his GPS so it will track family members. He ends up getting a signal from a girl named "Jessica G. Fletcher" that's only a few miles away from him.The fic has received primarily positive reviews, being called "Well written with a very interesting plot and terrific story."Note: This page contains many unmarked spoilers. Read at your own risk.
Age: 11 ½
Time to Location: 1.47 Hours
— Ferb's GPS
Age: 11 ½
Time to Location: 1.47 Hours
— Ferb's GPS
This fic provides examples of:
- Abusive Alien Parent: Jessica's mom
- All Genes Are Codominant: Mostly averted by Ferb, who looks indistinguishable from a human sans the hair. Sorta averted by Jessica, who also appears human except for the hair and ears.
- Alien Among Us: Jessica, partially. Also, Ferb's apparently been one his whole life, he just never knew.
- Alien Hair: Just look at it◊.
- Aliens Are Bastards: Well, at least their queen is.
- Backstory: Jessica provides one in Chapter 5.
- Brain Washed: For the most disturbing purpose possible.
- Call Back: Several.
- Charm Person: The alien mother, as well as every other member of her race.
- Catapult Nightmare: Averted; Ferb wakes up from his bad dream quite realistically.
- Continuity Nod: Quite a few, mostly in the first chapter.
- Cry into Chest: Jessica breaks down against her brother's shoulder after they are reunited.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Jessica's life sucked pretty bad.
- Death Equals Redemption: Jessica's mother.
- Despair Event Horizon: Word of God states that Jessica was dangerously close to this when Ferb showed up.
- Dramatic Drop: When the door opens, Ferb drops his GPS in shock.
- Dramatic Ellipsis: Done twice in Jessica's story.
- Embarrassing First Name: Ferb's full name is revealed to be "Ferdinand".
- Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong: Not seen, but mentioned in Jessica's backstory. Rare inversion where the alien needs a human to impregnate her. The entire concept remains, however.
- Foreshadowing: "Maybe I'm not a person."
- Final First Hug: Not a hug, per say, but it's completely safe to assume that Jessica's mother didn't show any sort of affection to her daughter until her last moments of life.
- Gen Fic: Because the author was sick and tired of fics about shipping. note
- God Save Us from the Queen!: The alien momma.
- GPS Evidence: A literal example.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Both the twins.
- Held Gaze: Non-romantic example, the twins stare at each other for a great length of time when they first meet.
- Henpecked Husband: The alien mom literally brainwashed Dad in order to have the twins.
- Homage: Ferb is half-alien half-human and apparently has green blood. Sound a little familiar?
- Also, the concept of the mother was influenced by the Alien films. (Though it should be noted that the author has not yet actually seen these films, so this influence is minor.)
- Human Mom Nonhuman Dad: Inverted.
- Humans Are Morons: The alien race the twins were born from seem to think this.
- Insistent Terminology: Ferb must be referred to by his nickname.
- Interspecies Romance: How the twins came along, though it was forced.
- Long Lost Sibling: The whole plot, really.
- MacGuffin: The GPS.
- Manly Tears: See Tears of Joy below.
- Men Don't Cry: When retelling the story, Ferb always denies the fact that he cried when he was reunited with Jessica.
- Messy Hair: Jessica. Justified by the fact that she's been living on the streets for months and is from another planet.
- Not So Stoic: Ferb keeps his cool most of the story, just as he would in canon. Then he reunites with his sister...
- Not Quite Human
- Original Character: Jessica G. Fletcher
- Parental Neglect: Jessica was left with her nanny most of the time.
- Puppeteer Parasite: What the alien mom did to get dad to have kids with her. Ewww...
- Preemptive "Shut Up": "Don't even need to say it, Bro."
- Pointy Ears: Jessica sports a pair of these.
- Rapunzel Hair: Jessica's hair is described as being "...so long it almost reached the floor...".
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: Ferb and Jessica. They both are green-haired and Jessica has pointed ears.
- Scenery Porn: The city of Danville at night is described like this.
- Separated at Birth
- Ship Tease: The tracker was still locked on Isabella's cuteness. Ferb smiled at Phineas when he saw this.
- Shipper on Deck: See Ship Tease above.
- Something Only They Would Say: "...W-would your last name happen to be 'Fletcher'?"
- Street Urchin: Jessica lived as one of these for a small portion of her life. Though it is never specifically stated how long, it can be inferred to be at least several months.
- Sufficiently Advanced Alien: Clearly, the aliens the twins were born from are far more advanced than we are
- Tears of Joy: Both the twins weep upon reunion.
- The Cuckoo Lander Was Right: Not in the actual story, but there was an episode where Candace theorized that Ferb was an alien.
- Tomboyish Name: At the end of the story, Jessica is given the nickname "Jessie".
- Try Not to Die: Phineas' request to Ferb before he leaves.
- Tuckerization: Jessica's middle name is Grace, which is also the middle name of the author's sister.
- Also, Jessica's brief bout of alien language is "Rebekah Faith Lee" spelled backwards. The identity of this person is currently unknown, though the author has confirmed that it is the name of somebody important in her life.
- Understatement: Invoked; when Jessica mentions that her mother "...Wasn't the best mom in the universe.", Ferb suspects she's making an understatement.
- Unnamed Parent: The twins' mother is never given a name.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born: Ferb and Jessica, of course.
- Wild Hair: See Alien Hair above.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: Jessica. Actually, since she's the twin of someone with green hair, this actually makes sense.