- Cape and Cowl II: Puppetmaster — Several months after the events of the first story, Frost Storm as Mare Do Well must take down Red Hoof's criminal empire piece by piece. With dark plans being in store for Mare Do Well, Frost Storm must be able to deal with some of her new allies, or lose everything she holds dear.
- Cape and Cowl III: Showdown - Snow Storm and allies make their move against Red Hoof. This is considered the conclusion story to the Red Hoof arc.
This work contains examples of the following tropes:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The title.
- Alliterative Name: Bolt Buck and Snow Storm.
- The Cavalry Arrives Late: The Night Guard arrives at Bolt Buck's house after Mare Do Well/Snow Storm gives him some bruises, twists his pastern, and breaks his jaw.
- The Commissioner Gordon: Pelleas and Captain Leaf both try to invoke this trope for different reasons (it succeeds, although to what degree is yet to be shown).
- Fantastic Drug: Diamond Eyes.
- Fantastic Racism: Against the Fulake (bat ponies)
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: Flyntt is, evidently, usually the bad cop; when he tries to talk to Bolt Buck, the narrative comments that he was "never particularly good at playing the 'good guard'.[sic]"
- Happily Adopted: Snow Storm is, and even calls Mr. Orange "Dad."
- I Work Alone: Snow Storm tells this to Pelleas when he offers to help her with information.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Red Hoof, Rough Houser, and Bloodshot. Bloodshot is in an asylum until chapter five.
- Never Hurt an Innocent: Snow Storm, as Mare Do Well, doesn't meant to hurt Mort; she genuinely thought he was Facade.
- Original Character: Most of the cast, with the exception of Mr. and Mrs. Orange.
- Professional Killers: According to Flyntt, Princess Luna had her own group of assassins who formed years ago. They are apparently still active, even after all the years of Luna's imprisonment when she was Nightmare Moon.
- Puppet King: The mayor, who is controlled by the Red Hoof.
- The Reveal: Bolt Buck is Primrose's coltfriend and one of Frost Storm's murderers.
- In-universe, when Snow Storm reveals herself to Bolt Buck as Mare Do Well.
- Significant Name: The Rind Family and the Oranges both sell oranges.
- The Speechless: Snow Storm; presumably, the murder of her brother traumatized her to the point that she can't speak. At the end of the story, she is able to speak when thinking of Frosty speaking to her, who is apparently something from her conscious.
- The Stool Pigeon - Betrayer Barry: Bolt Buck tells Snow Storm who her brother's other murderers are and where they are after he's put into the hospital by her attacking him the night before.
- Vigilante Man: Or rather, Mare.
- Wham Line:Snow: "Frosty."
Cape and Cowl II: Puppetmaster
Cape and Cowl III: Showdown