Fanfic / Castle Ponyvania
A group of obnoxious and perverted Vampire ponies have invaded Ponyville, hell bent on reviving the Equestrian version of Count Dracula and bothering girls. The dogged Twilight leads an expedition to give these villians a one way ticket to boot-hill.
Can be read on FF.net Here
Tropes appearing in this fic
- Adult Fear: Fallen Angel raiding the cuite mark crusader's tree house and kidnapping Apple Bloom.
- All Animals Are Dogs: The werewolf pony.
- Anti-Hero: Rainbow Dash calls herself one.
- Ass Shove: After Eclipse ruins Rarity's mane, she uses her magic to shove a lightning bolt up his ass.
- Berserk Button: For all that is good and holy, do not ruin Rarity's mane. On a more serious note, Applejack's button seems to be Apple Bloom getting hurt. Spike's attack on Punch also shows that he takes threats against Twilight very seriously.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Every so often, the narrator addresses the reader.
- Epic Fail: Every single attempt Eclipse makes to hit on Twilight.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Pinkie says this to a newly ressurected Dracalion. He is tall, but he was possessing Apple Bloom at that point.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: While Punch is holding Twilight hostage, he demands that Pinkie and Rarity make out.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Spike gets really vicious when Punch attempts to bite Twilight. The mane six are shaken by how violently Spike dealt with him.
- Parody Sue: Eclipse. He acts as if he can have any filly he wants, but he gets shot down every time and makes a fool of himself all the time.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: Spike has a brief one, before snapping out of it and giving Twilight a What the Hell, Hero? exclamation.
- Sadistic Choice: Rainbow Dash does one to Eclipse: release her friends, or Dash will hurt Sulky. She throws Sulky out the window before Eclipse could decide.
- Shout-Out: LOTS.
- The villians are all based on well known characters from Vampire based pop culture. Dracalion is obviously Count Dracula, Punch Spike and Fallen Angel are based on Spike and Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Twilight Eclipse and Sulky Swan are a spoof of Edward and Bella from The Twilight Saga.
- The story itself is a humourous take on Castlevania, especially with the chapter titles. Pinkie even breaks open a wall to get some doughnuts out.
- The behaviour of the drunken pony Beer Belly is similar to that of Homer Simpson in the crossover episode with The X-Files.
- There's also a book called Filly Chatterly's Lover.
- When Twilight's horn glows to call Spike for help, when Punch is holding her hostage, the rhythm of the glows is the tune the Green Ranger plays to summon the Dragonzord.
- Some of the names the Mane Six think up, when trying to decide on a Super Hero Team Name: Chibi Sentai Umaranger/Little Taskforce Horse Rangers, Power Rangers Mystic Horse, The Fellowship/Fillyship Of The Horseshoe, The H-Ponies...
- "Pinkie, I know we all have something to bring to this discussion, but from now on, I think the thing you should bring, is silence."
- Rarity's reaction to Eclipse burning her hair is straight Princess Vespa.
- Terrible Trio: Eclipse, Fallen and Punch.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Pinkie gives one to Sulky.