Fan Fic / CSI: Death by Chocolate
Ten years after the events of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
, tragedy strikes just before the first Willy Wonka Candy Emporium in twenty years is about to open in Las Vegas
. Someone has murdered 22-year old Charlie Bucket and dumped his body out in the desert, and it is up to the Las Vegas CSI team to figure out who could have killed him and why. Naturally, things aren't so cut and dried, especially as the team explores further into Mr. Wonka's magical world.
Can be found here
A live reading is in progress on Youtube starting here
This fanwork contains examples of:
- Ascended Fanboy: Greg Sanders, in-universe, by the end.
- Crack Fic: ...yeah. It's a CSI / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory crossover fic. How could it not be?
- Crowd Song: The Oompa Loompas.
- Distant Finale: The story serves as this to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, though it's a Deadly Distant Finale for Charlie.
- Fur and Loathing: Played with.
- Genius Ditz: Willy Wonka.
- Grissom One-Liner: Natch.
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: Greg Sanders meets Violet Beauregard, now a contortionist with Cirque du Soleil. She is combing her hair. With her feet. From behind. In the nude.
- Hollywood Nerd: The CSI team.
- Insufferable Genius: Mike Teavee.
- The Lab Rat: Greg, though he is given the opportunity to do some investigation on his own when Gil and Catherine are off trying to interview Wonka.
- Level Ate: The chocolate room.
- Logic Bomb: Grissom, trying desperately to make the fanciful stuff he encounters jibe with how he knows the world works.
- Magic Versus Science: Trying to analyze a piece of Wonka candy in the mass spectrometer has spectacular results. Walkie-talkies don't work within the Wonka Emporium. Cell phones don't work inside the Chocolate Factory.
- Mathematician's Answer:
The bouncer – who looked big enough to actually bounce Greg against the sidewalk if he wanted to – peered closely at Greg's ID. "What's this about?"
"I just need to ask her a few questions. It won't take long."
"All right – but if you're just another one of those perverts—"
"I'm not. I'm cool."
"—she'll break your neck herself. I think she's a black belt or something."
Greg frowned. "Karate? Judo, Jujitsu?"
- Man Child: Willy Wonka.
- My Card
- Rich Bitch: Veruca Salt, deconstructed.
- Rubber Man: Mike Teavee.
- Spit Take: Catherine tells Gil about the Chocolate Room. Gil is eating tomato soup at the time.
- Squee!: Greg Sanders' reaction to finally meeting Willy Wonka is to run around the lab screaming "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!"
- Stuff Blowing Up: The Las Vegas Wonka Emporium is firebombed two thirds of the way through.
- Title Drop: The fact that Charlie was drowned in a molten chocolate leads to the obvious remark.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Violet. And blue skin, apparently.