Drinking Game: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Here is a drinking game for Neon Genesis Evangelion
. It is like Instrumentality of the liver......because at the end it will liquefy
. For extra fun, try it with orange Tang!
Warning: Some of these are more
prevalent in End of Evangelion
- Any time someone's Mother is mentioned take a shot.
- Take two shots if that Mother is not dead.
- Insane health risk if you've already watched the series: you'd have to drink two shots every time Eva units 01 and 02 are mentioned. Yeah...have fun with that. To make matters worse due to the whole Eva thing, neither Shinji's or Asuka's mother are technically dead. Meaning that nearly every mother reference in the whole series needs two shots.
- Take a shot every time you see an obvious phallic symbol.
- Take a shot every time a random religious symbol shows up.
- Take two shots if the religious symbol is not a cross.
- Take three if it's the Tree of Life (the Sephira).
- That's at least 5 shots an episode (Sephira and Kabbalah in the OP), plus 2 more for each time we see Gendo's office (Kabbalah on the ceiling).
- If you're really brave, take a sip whenever Misato does. (Use this rule at your own risk)
- Take a shot every time Shinji says that he mustn't run away.
- For a teetotaler, take a shot whenever Gendo praises Shinji
- Take a shot whenever Gendo undergoes Character Development (You'll stay sober until episode 21. After then....)
- Every time there's a close up of the Gendo Pose or Gendo fixing his glasses, take a shot.
- Take a shot every time someone screams. Best of luck to you.
- Take a shot whenever the show's low budget becomes obvious (shots over ten seconds with little animation, or no animation at all). Gainax Ending will test your liver on this.
- Take a shot every time Rei is naked. Fair warning, End of Evangelion may kill you.
- Take a shot every time Rei tries to kill herself. You'll likely be joining her around the time the first one takes.