Edward Thomas "Tom" Hardy (born September 15, 1977) is an English actor who is typically cast as a Badass. Best known as Mad Max in Mad Max: Fury Road, Bane in The Dark Knight Rises and Eames in Inception, and for radically changing his body for roles.
Selected roles of Tom Hardy:
- Band of Brothers: Private John Janovec
- Black Hawk Down: Twombly
- Bronson: Michael Peterson/Charles Bronson
- Cicero: Al Capone
- The Dark Knight Rises: Bane
- The Drop: Bob Saginowski
- Inception: Eames
- Lawless: Forrest Bondurant
- Layer Cake: Clarkie
- Legend (2015): Ronald and Reginald Kray
- Locke: Ivan Locke
- Mad Max: Fury Road: "Mad" Max Rockatansky
- Marie Antoinette: Raumont
- The Revenant: John Fitzgerald
- Rock N Rolla: Handsome Bob
- Star Trek: Nemesis: Shinzon
- Stuart A Life Backwards: Stuart
- Sucker Punch (No, not that Sucker Punch): Rodders
- The Take: Freddie Jackson.
- This Means War!: Tuck
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy: Ricki Tarr
- Warrior: Tommy Conlon
- Wuthering Heights (2008 adaptation): Heathcliff
Tropes about Tom Hardy:
- Badass: He prepared for the role of psychopathic hyper-violent criminal and serial hostage-taker by visiting him in his cell and befriending him. He also told Bronson his mustache looked gay.
- The Big Guy: He began taking roles requiring muscular physiques after Bronson. In an interview for that film, he admitted that playing a muscular character who beats people up would probably be good for his career. Hence making Hardy suitable for roles like Bane.
- Bishōnen: He tends to be this when he isn't packing on muscle for his roles.