Creator: Scott Snyder
Scott Snyder is a comic book author, most famous for his Vertigo Comics indie title American Vampire. Snyder cut his teeth with his short story Voodoo Heart before doing his first comic work with Marvel in Iron Man: Noir. He eventually joined Vertigo and in collaboration with Stephen King wrote the Eisner Award-winning American Vampire. He went on to write 11 issues of Detective Comics to critical acclaim.Not to be confused with director Zack Snyder.As of the DC New 52 Relaunch, he writes the Batman main title. So far he has written the critically acclaimed Night of the Owls arc as well as the equally acclaimed Death of the Family. He also wrote the first 18 issues of Swamp Thing, which was similarly acclaimed.Selected bibliography:
- American Vampire
- Batman Gates of Gotham
- Detective Comics: Batman The Black Mirror
- Batman since the DC New 52 relaunch
- Superman Unchained
- Iron Man: Noir
- Swamp Thing
- The Wake
- Vodoo Heart
Tropes associated with Scott Snyder's work:
- A Day in the Spotlight: James Gordon, Jr., Jim's psychotic son.
- Animal Motifs: Killer Whales and Vultures in Detective Comics.
- Darker and Edgier / Lighter and Softer: Oddly enough, his run on Batman features both.
- Determinator: Dick Grayson in "The Black Mirror" certainly qualifies. When The Dealer send his plane to an altitude that the flying Batmobile can't reach, Dick Grayson flies in a special suit up to the plane.
- Good Is Not Dumb / Good Is Not Soft: Both Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne are portrayed this way as Batman during Snyder's runs.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Boy howdy, are they!
- Promoted Fanboy: Huge fan of Batman and Superman.
- Signature Style: Bird and architecture motifs. Fangs as well.
- Slasher Smile: His Detective Comics run has plenty of them: from the orcas to the cover of Detective Comics #880◊.
- The Joker. Of course.
- Steam Punk: the villain of the Gates of Gotham miniseries runs around in Steam Punk Power Armor.