Samuel Pack "Sam" Elliott (born August 9, 1944) is an American actor. He's something of a living legend and is instantly recognisable due to his incredibly Badass Moustache, deep baritone and Western drawl. He frequently plays cowboys, ranchers and other Southern types. Basically the go-to guy for Cool Old Guy, Badass Grandpa and Badass Baritone. You don't get much manlier than Sam Elliott.Oh—and though Robert Mitchum did it first, Elliot's is the voice you think of when you remember the "Beef...it's what's for dinner" commercials.
- 1969 Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid as Card Player #2
- 1985 Mask as Gar
- 1989 Road House as Wade Garrett
- 1993 Tombstone as Virgil Earp, and Gettysburg as Gen. John Buford, credited as a "special appearance"
- 1998 The Big Lebowski as The Stranger
- 2002 We Were Soldiers as Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley
- 2003 Hulk as Thunderbolt Ross
- 2005 Thank You for Smoking as Lorne Lutch
- 2007 Ghost Rider as The Caretaker / Carter Slade
- 2007 The Golden Compass as Lee Scoresby
- 2009 Up in the Air as Maynard Finch
- 2015 The Good Dinosaur as Butch