Born on June 7, 1988 in Brampton, Ontario, Canada, Michael Cera's career started in Canadian children's TV doing voiceover work for cartoons as well as live action comedies. His first major role in the U.S. was in the hit comedic show Arrested Development. From there, Cera's career began to skyrocket, as Hollywood realized this guy was good at playing characters with an almost Charlie Brown-esque tone to them, and as the saying goes, "que Cera, Cera."As a side note, he apparently liked the fight training he went through to prepare for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World so much that he's now studying martial arts for real. You have been warned.
- Arrested Development: George-Michael Bluth
- The Berenstain Bears: Brother Bear
- Braceface: Josh Spitz, Sharon's younger brother.
- Childrens Hospital: The PA announcer.
- Juno: Paulie Bleeker
- Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist: Nick
- Youth in Revolt: Nick Twisp and Francois Dillinger
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: Scott Pilgrim
- Superbad: Evan
- Year One: Oh
- This Is the End: As Himself
Notable memes inspired by Michael Cera's prancing:
This actor provides examples of:
- Adam Westing:
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Yeah, he looks like a stiff wind could blow him over, but you know all that fight training he undertook for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World? Yeah... he decided he liked martial arts so much that he continued it afterward. He's a black belt now.
- Hipster: Related to his Type Casting — of the works in the "Film" section on the trope page, he's in three.
- I Am Not Leonard Nimoy: Partially as a result of Type Casting causing him to play practically the same character in every film.
- Troll: He was a photobomber before photobombing really took off. He'd stand in the background of pictures to make people think the photos were fake because he was in them.