Creator: Matthew Broderick
"That's a lot of fish!"Matthew Broderick (March 21, 1962-) is an American actor famous for movies such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Godzilla (1998) (the American remake) and was the voice of the adult Simba in The Lion King. He started off as a teen heartthrob as part of the Brat Pack, but later moved on to more serious roles in The Nineties, and has had some success on Broadway as well. He is married to Sarah Jessica Parker, with whom he has three children.
Provides examples of:
- Adam Westing: A car commercial broadcast during the 2012 Super Bowl featured Broderick parodying his Ferris role as a grown man.
- Adorkable: Comes across as this.
- Breakout Role: In Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- Brat Pack: a member during The Eighties.
- Mr. Fanservice: During his Brat Pack days.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Was the voice of adult Simba in The Lion King and both of its sequels.
- I Am Not Spock: He will forever be Ferris Bueller to the world, but Broderick himself has ruled out reappearing as the character and is rumored to be annoyed when people bring it up to him. However, he may be softening his stance towards the role; see Adam Westing.
- Old Shame: He admits Godzilla was a terrible movie.
- What Could Have Been: He was the first choice to star as Alex P. Keaton on Family Ties before Michael J. Fox got cast. In turn, ironically, Fox was the first choice to play Ferris Bueller.
Films and TV shows starred in or voice acted:
- Adventure Time, episode "Who Would Win" (2012)
- Bee Movie (2007)
- Biloxi Blues (1988)
- The Cable Guy (1996)
- Election, alongside Reese Witherspoon. (1999)
- Family Business (1989)
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
- Glory (1989)
- Godzilla (1998) (1998)
- Inspector Gadget (1999)
- Ladyhawke (1985)
- The Lion King (1994)
- The Music Man (the Walt Disney Presents remake) (2003)
- Project X (2012)
- The Stepford Wives remake (2004)
- Strangers with Candy (1999)
- The Tale of Despereaux (2008)
- The Thief and the Cobbler (1994)
- WarGames (1983)