Lena Headey (born October 3 1973) is an English actress. She was discovered at age 17 performing in a one-off show at the Royal National Theatre. Her first major role was in The Jungle Book as Katherine. Other major roles include Queen Gorgo of Sparta in 300, Sarah Connor in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Queen Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones. From 2007 to 2012, she was married to musician Peter Paul Loughran, with whom she has a son named Wylie.
- The Jungle Book (1994) as Katherine
- Merlin (1998) as Queen Guinevere
- Onegin (1999) as Olga Larina
- Ripley's Game (2002) as Sarah Trevanny
- The Cave (2005) as Dr. Kathryn Jennings
- The Brothers Grimm (2005) as Angelica
- Imagine Me And You (2005) as Luce
- 300 (2007) as Queen Gorgo
- St Trinians (2007) as Miss Dickinson
- The Red Baron (2008) as Kate Otersdorf
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009) as Sarah Connor
- Game of Thrones (2011+) as Queen Cersei Lannister
- Dredd (2012) as Madeline "Ma-Ma" Madrigal
- Dishonored (2012) as Callista Curnow
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) as Jocelyn Fray
- The Purge (2013) as Mary Sandin
- 300: Rise of an Empire (2013) as Queen Gorgo
- Uncle Grandpa (2014) as Aunt Grandma (guest role)
- Action Mom/Mama Bear: Is often cast as such, regardless of the character being a heroine or a villain.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Has a strong tendency to play these.
- But I Play One on TV: She recalls in some interviews that some people call her a bitch to her face because they found Cersei Lannister so unlikeable.
- Cartwright Curse/Determined Widow/Widow Woman: Her on-screen love interests/husbands tend to have high mortality rates. Notable examples are 300, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (she begins the series as a single mother with the child's father long dead), Game of Thrones (her husband wasn't her main love interest in this series though) and The Purge.
- Fake American: Maybe a quarter of her roles. (an exception is the Fake Greek in 300).
- Mean Character Nice Actor: She's played more than her fair share of villains such as Ma-Ma and Cersei, and even her more sympathetic characters tend to lean toward uptight or anti-heroic. In reality, Lena is a fun-loving and friendly woman with a goofy sense of humor (as best demonstrated by her Twitter feed) who is adored by her cast mates.
- Star-Making Role: Although her roles in 300 and The Sarah Connor Chronicles gave her attention, Game of Thrones is generally remembered as what truly made her a star.
- Trolling Creator: She is fond of obliquely spoiling future Game of Thrones plot developments on Instagram. Before its fourth season starts airing, she messed with people's expectations when she posted a heart-shape made of stones, which teased that Lady Stoneheart would appear. She didn't.
- Type Casting: As queens and other women trying to raise their sons to be great men. Subverted in Dredd where she's called "Ma-Ma" but isn't an actual mother.