This is TV Tropes' main page for any David Bowie-related articles.
Articles about David Bowie
- David Bowie is the main entry about the artist.
- Characters: David Bowie: About his ever-changing persona in his concept albums.
Articles about his albums:
- 1967 - David Bowie
- 1969 - David Bowie, better known as Space Oddity
- 1970 - The Man Who Sold the World
- 1971 - Hunky Dory
- 1972 - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
- 1973 - Aladdin Sane
- 1973 - Pin Ups
- 1974 - Diamond Dogs
- 1975 - Young Americans
- 1976 - Station to Station
- 1977 - Low
- 1977 - "Heroes"
- 1979 - Lodger
- 1980 - Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
- 1981 - Christiane F. (compilation soundtrack)
- 1982 - Baal (tie-in to the BBC production of the play, with fully orchestrated versions of the songs)
- 1983 - Let's Dance
- 1984 - Tonight
- 1986 - Labyrinth (soundtrack, songs only)
- 1987 - Never Let Me Down
- 1993 - Black Tie White Noise
- 1994 - The Buddha Of Suburbia (album expanding upon a soundtrack he wrote for a BBC miniseries)
- 1995 - Outside
- 1997 - Earthling
- 1999 - Hours... note
- 2000 - Toy (a completed, but unreleased record that was to include new versions of some of Bowie's earliest material. Some of the finished songs wound up in later projects, and the whole album leaked in 2011)
- 2002 - Heathen
- 2003 - Reality
- 2013 - The Next Day
- 2016 - Blackstar
- 2017 - No Plan (an EP that includes three previously unreleased songs recorded during the Blackstar sessions)
Albums not made, but produced by Bowie:
- Raw Power by The Stooges: A 1973 album where he did the mixing.
- Transformer by Lou Reed: A 1972 album that Bowie co-produced and performed backing vocals on.
- The Idiot by Iggy Pop: A 1977 album which he produced, added musical instrumentations to and co-wrote some of the songs, and performs backing vocals.
- Lust for Life by Iggy Pop: A 1977 album which he produced, co-wrote and added musical instrumentations and backing vocals.
Films starring David Bowie:
- The Man Who Fell to Earth: A 1976 cult classic starring Bowie as an extraterrestrial alien who landed on Earth. (This was his first major dramatic role.)
- Christiane F.: A 1981 film adaptation of the autobiographical non-fiction book by Christiane F. who suffered through a life as a teenage heroin prostitute. Bowie appears as himself in the film, performing some of his '70s hits during a concert.
- The Hunger: A 1983 horror movie in which Bowie plays a vampire.
- Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence: A 1983 World War Two movie in which Bowie portrays a British prisoner of war in a Japanese POW camp.
- Into the Night: A 1985 comedy thriller with Bowie as an Evil Brit hitman.
- Absolute Beginners: A 1986 rock musical where he has a key supporting role and also contributes several songs to the soundtrack.
- Labyrinth: A 1986 children's musical adventure fantasy film made with puppets provided by Jim Henson. Bowie plays the primary antagonist, Jareth the Goblin King, and provides the song score.
- The Last Temptation of Christ: A controversial 1988 Bible film where Bowie has the small role as Pontius Pilate.
- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me: A 1992 movie adaptation of the eponymous TV series. Bowie has a cameo as an FBI agent.
- Zoolander: A 2001 comedy in which he appears as himself in a cameo.
- The Prestige: A 2006 sci-fi period piece. Bowie portrays Nikola Tesla.
Films based on the man and his music
People associated with Bowie
- Duncan Jones: Bowie's son, well-known as a film director.