This is TV Tropes' main page for any David Bowie-related articles.
Articles about David Bowie
- David Bowie is the main entry about the artist.
- Characters: David Bowie: About his ever-changing persona in his concept albums.
Articles about his albums:
- 1967 - David Bowie
- 1969 - David Bowie, better known as Space Oddity
- 1970 - The Man Who Sold the World
- 1971 - Hunky Dory
- 1972 - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
- 1973 - Aladdin Sane
- 1973 - Pin Ups
- 1974 - Diamond Dogs
- 1975 - Young Americans
- 1976 - Station to Station
- 1977 - Low
- 1977 - "Heroes"
- 1979 - Lodger
- 1980 - Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
- 1981 - Christiane F. (compilation soundtrack)
- 1982 - Baal (tie-in to the BBC production of the play, with fully orchestrated versions of the songs)
- 1983 - Let's Dance
- 1984 - Tonight
- 1986 - Labyrinth (soundtrack, songs only)
- 1987 - Never Let Me Down
- 1993 - Black Tie White Noise
- 1994 - The Buddha Of Suburbia (album expanding upon a soundtrack he wrote for a BBC miniseries)
- 1995 - Outside
- 1997 - Earthling
- 1999 - Hours... note
- 2002 - Heathen
- 2003 - Reality
- 2013 - The Next Day
- 2016 - Blackstar
Albums not made, but produced by Bowie:
- Raw Power by The Stooges: A 1973 album where he did the mixing.
- Transformer by Lou Reed: A 1972 album that Bowie co-produced and performed backing vocals on.
- The Idiot by Iggy Pop: A 1977 album which he produced, added musical instrumentations to and co-wrote some of the songs, and performs backing vocals.
- Lust for Life by Iggy Pop: A 1977 album which he produced, co-wrote and added musical instrumentations and backing vocals.
Films starring David Bowie:
- The Man Who Fell to Earth: A 1976 cult classic starring Bowie as an extraterrestrial alien who landed on Earth. (This was his first major dramatic role.)
- Christiane F.: A 1981 film adaptation of the autobiographical non-fiction book by Christiane F. who suffered through a life as a teenage heroin prostitute. Bowie appears as himself in the film, performing some of his '70s hits during a concert.
- The Hunger: A 1983 horror movie in which Bowie plays a vampire.
- Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence: A 1983 World War Two movie in which Bowie portrays a British prisoner of war in a Japanese POW camp.
- Into the Night: A 1985 comedy thriller with Bowie as an Evil Brit hitman.
- Absolute Beginners: A 1986 rock musical where he has a key supporting role and also contributes several songs to the soundtrack.
- Labyrinth: A 1986 children's musical adventure fantasy film made with puppets provided by Jim Henson. Bowie plays the primary antagonist, Jareth the Goblin King, and provides the song score.
- The Last Temptation of Christ: A controversial 1988 Bible film where Bowie has the small role as Pontius Pilate.
- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me: A 1992 movie adaptation of the eponymous TV series. Bowie has a cameo as an FBI agent.
- Zoolander: A 2001 comedy in which he appears as himself in a cameo.
- The Prestige: A 2006 sci-fi period piece. Bowie portrays Nikola Tesla.
Films based on the man and his music
People associated with Bowie
- Duncan Jones: Bowie's son, well-known as a film director.