CaptainGerBear (real name withheld at his request) is a Canadian creator of Queer Media, especially of the Manly Gay variety. Originally a Furry artist (once known as Canis Lupus), he has become at least as well known for his works involving humans and orcs. He is creator of Grant, Bastard Bonds and ChubPan. His official website is Bigfingers (NSFW).Please take note that Capn himself was not involved in 99% of the creation and maintenance of this article.
Capn's work provides examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: There is very little shame or pretense in his work. It tends to look very relaxed and carefree, and very sexually charged.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Most of his characters don't even show a scratch, even when they're brutish warriors where you'd expect them to have Badass scars. At least they're still Badass.
- Big Beautiful Man: Some of his most attractive men are on the pudgy side, though always muscly.
- Doing It for the Art: Capn's admitted primary motivation. He still makes money off of some of his work, but his greatest projects like Grant and ChubPan have a completely artistic motivation, and are available for free.
- Fan Nickname: "Capn", which he embraces.
- First Person Snapshooter: his game "Fantasy Football Locker Stalker", you take control of a guy with a camera and the objective in the game is to manage to take pictures to the hunky and handsome players of an imaginary football team, without being discovered and manage to escape to the exit or you lose all the pictures taken in the current attempt if you are caught.
- Hot Coffee Mini Game: He's programmed a few of these over the years, all in Adobe Flash. His most elaborate one to date has been in ChubPan.
- Male Frontal Nudity: He considers himself to primarily make erotic art.
- No Nudity Taboo: Often appears this way in his High Fantasy settings. Notably averted in ChubPan, whose dialogue keeps reminding you that getting caught naked outside can get you arrested.
- Our Orcs Are Different: Capn has a special fondness for attractive orc and half-orc men.
- Our Demons Are Different: In "See no Evil" you meet 5 different demons that look pretty intimidating. But as the game progresses, you can get to know their personalities deeply.
- Out-of-Clothes Experience / Our Nudity Is Different: In "See no Evil", the main character starts out by waking up naked in the woods, wondering (among other things) where his clothes went. He remains completely naked for most of the game, as do most of the demons he meets. He later finds out why he's naked: in that realm, his appearance is shaped by his thoughts and personality, thus he's naked there because he prefers being naked. (He agrees as much when told by one of the demons.)
- Porn with Plot: His original works almost always involve this. Grant is a notable exception for more strictly limiting itself to an R rating and not depicting Male Frontal Nudity.
- Word of God:
- Does this a lot. As an Internet personality, Capn is extremely approachable, invites frank criticism, and (while avoiding spoilers) frequently answers questions about his works. He has Jossed now and then as well.
- Will sometimes reveal if a character is genuinely straight. A natural inversion of Word of Gay, since Capn's works tend to be heavily Cast Full of Gay to begin with.