CaptainGerBear (real name withheld at his request)
is a Canadian
creator of Queer Media
, especially of the Manly Gay
variety. Originally a furry
artist (once known as Canis Lupus), he has become at least as well known for his works involving humans and orcs
. He is creator of Grant
. His official website is Bigfingers
Please take note that Capn himself was not
involved in 99% of the creation and maintenance of this article.
Capn's work provides examples of:
- All Men Have Healthy Sex Drives: There is very little shame or pretense in his work. It tends to look very relaxed and carefree, and very sexually charged.
- Author Appeal: This goes without saying.
- Badass Beard: Specializing in chin-strap beards.
- Bara Genre
- The Bear: He's CaptainGerBear. Of course many of his characters are bearish.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Most of his characters don't even show a scratch, even when they're brutish warriors where you'd expect them to have Badass scars. At least they're still Badass.
- Big Beautiful Man: Some of his most attractive men are on the pudgy side, though always muscly.
- Carpet of Virility: Let there be hair!
- Cast Full of Gay
- Doing It for the Art: Capn's admitted primary motivation. He still makes money off of some of his work, but his greatest projects like Grant and ChubPan have a completely artistic motivation, and are available for free.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex
- Fan Nickname: "Capn", which he embraces.
- First Person Snapshooter: his game "Fantasy Football Locker Stalker", you take control of a guy with a camera and the objective in the game is to manage to take pictures to the hunky and handsome players of an imaginary football team, without being discovered and manage to escape to the exit or you lose all the pictures taken in the current attempt if you are caught.
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: You're damn right it is.
- High Fantasy: Most of his art qualifies. But his most famous works (such as the ones that have TvTropes articles) have modern-day Earth settings.
- Hot Coffee Mini Game: He's programmed a few of these over the years, all in Adobe Flash. His most elaborate one to date has been in ChubPan.
- Hot Men At Work: Sometimes there's nothing sexier than a man going about his everyday living.
- Leatherman: On occasion.
- Manly Gay
- Male Frontal Nudity: He considers himself to primarily make erotic art.
- No Nudity Taboo: Often appears this way in his High Fantasy settings. Notably averted in ChubPan, whose dialogue keeps reminding you that getting caught naked outside can get you arrested.
- Not Safe for Work: Usually not.
- Our Orcs Are Different: Capn has a special fondness for attractive orc and half-orc men.
- Our Demons Are Different: In "See no Evil" we meet 5 different demons that at the beggining they look pretty intimidating but as far as the game progresses, you can get to know their personalities deeply
- Out-of-Clothes Experience / Our Nudity Is Different : his character Orsino Jack in his latest Game "See No Evil" , remains almost all the adventure completely naked at the beginning he ask himself if is having one of those naked dreams. Also most of the character on the game are naked as well, one of them explaining that since they are in a dimension where a person thought are represented in their appearance basically telling him , that he is naked cause he wants to be in his subconcient
- Petting Zoo People: On occasion.
- Porn with Plot: His original works almost always involve this. Grant is a notable exception for more strictly limiting itself to an R rating and not depicting Male Frontal Nudity.
- Rule of Sexy: Everything.
- Rule 34: He's done a lot of testosterone-loaded Fan-Art of works ranging from Final Fantasy to Super Mario Bros. to World of Warcraft. His rule 34 of Calvin and Hobbes was received as being in surprisingly good taste.
- Stalker with a Crush: The main character of his game "Fantasy Football Locker Stalker" , he seems to have a crush in all the football team players (only existing in the game of course). When you success in getting good photos from different players, the character chooses an specific player as his favorite as you get better pictures
- Unkempt Beauty: You'd think combs haven't been invented. Not that anyone's complaining.
- Vaporware: In addition to being an artist, he's a game developer, mostly in Adobe Flash. And while he's released a few Mini-Games (mostly of the Hot Coffee variety), and a vast demo of an even larger incomplete game (ChubPan), his loftiest video game projects are all incomplete with little sign of active progress on finishing them. One of them is Role-Playing Game he's been trying to develop, and opened auditions for Voice Actors in November 2009, without much news on the project since. But since he has published some fairly awesome video games, he has a well-deserved reputation for video game design even though has hasn't finished most of them.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: A lot of guys are like this.
- Word of God: Does this a lot. As an Internet personality, Capn is extremely approachable, invites frank criticism, and (while avoiding spoilers) frequently answers questions about his works. He has Jossed now and then as well.