- "When I was at school and I said I wanted to be a comedian, everyone laughed at me. Well they're not laughing now!"
- Always Someone Better: Jokingly claimed to Lily Savage that Jim Bowen of Bullseye UK was a bigger gameshow-host guru than he would ever be.
- Catch Phrase: He began every show with the ironic phrase at the top of this article. Also, in a non-verbal example, whenever he walked down to begin a game show, he would throw a salute (which he claimed was a reference to the suits he always wore being reused props from Dad's Army!)
- He also had a Catch Phrase for each gameshow, such as the tongue-twister "In Bingo lingo clickety-clicks, it's time to take your pick of the six" for Bob's Full House.
- The Eponymous Show: Aside from two for The Bob Monkhouse Show, there was also The Bob Monkhouse Hour, The Bob Monkhouse Comedy Hour, Bob Monkhouse On The Spot etc.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Most people probably know him best as the voice of Mr. Hell on the animated sitcom/sketch show Aaghh! It's The Mr. Hell Show!
- Improv: An acknowledged master of the form.
- Logic Bomb: His signature catchphrase (see top of page).
- Rhyming List: The "Detective Inspector Hector Vector" sketch uses this trope extensively. He also used it in his "An Audience With Bob Monkhouse" programme in which he demonstrated how to mnemonically remember the names of all the celebrities in the audience.