Way back in 1952, atomic testing in the South Pacific creates Alpha One, the world's first and only super-hero. Nearly sixty years later, Alpha One, side by side with Section Omega, a police force devoted exclusively to assisting Earth's mightiest hero, has become the most powerful force for good in the world.
When Lieutenant Gabriel Cole assumes leadership of Section Omega due to the sudden murder of his predecessor, he finds himself working shoulder to shoulder with the same hero who saved his life as a child.
Created by DC Comics
The Series Contains the following examples:
- Bat Signal: Cole's hand can summon Alpha One whenever he wants.
- Beware the Superman
- Captain Ersatz
- Depleted Phlebotinum Shells: Gabriel Cole was given some special bullets. It turns out that it's special condensed nitrogen bullets to use against the invulnerable Alpha One since he needs to breathe more oxygen than most people.
- Fantastic Racism: Though he claims that he's against "racial conflict" as one of the things that decayed his home planet, Alpha's plan to exterminate 1/10 of the population seemed to include more than one "Blue Face" getting captured and taken away.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Alpha's powers came from exposure to a hydrogen bomb. Actually he was an alien with super powers.
- Jumped at the Call
- Kill the Poor: Alpha One suggests to his fellow members of Congress a way of helping his planet that involves killing most of the degenerates. They didn't approve.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Alpha One is not used to fighting others with his power levels.
- Where Does He Get All Those Wonderful Toys?: Alpha's equipment comes from the proceeds from merchandising his image. Action figures, for example.