(Spanish for Domestic/Home-made) is an Argentinian
one-shot comic created by Sebastian De Caro and Diego Greco (bad dog). It's a realistic story about a normal (but somehow crazy) guy who one day decides to dress up on a superhero costume, and be a superhero himself. Since the setting is realistic, let's just say things don't go exactly according to his plans.
This comic book pre-dates Kick-Ass
the comic by one year, and has more than a few things in common. Besides the setting of "normal dude who dress up as a super-hero" and who "gets his ass kicked hard time", the suits' similarities are astonishing. Said similarities are even bigger in the Movie, and the actor playing Kick-Ass
resembles Doméstico a lot.
For more info about Kick-Ass/Domestico, you can visit this blog
This comic provides examples of:
- AntiHero/Well-Intentioned Extremist: In order to became a super hero, Domestico is willing to steal money for a super market and deceive his grandmother.
- Deconstruction: of the Super Hero genre. While it has everything that a super hero needs to be called one, the whole thing is extremely realistic.
- Determinator: described as Domestico's only super power.
- Hollywood Nerd: Domestico is quite handsome for being a nerdy guy.
- I Just Want to Be Special (combined with Heroic Wannabe/ I Just Want to Be Badass): All Domestico's motivation for becoming a super-heroe is to be able to be special. He wants to prove that, even in the dullest world, something unusually movie-like can happen.
- Reality Ensues: Pretty much the ending. The girl he was trying to win over ignores him and calls him crazy. The guy he tries to defeat beats him up easily. The people from the Asylum find him (thanks to his friend betraying him) and lock him up again
- Super Hero Origin: Mariano talks about his past in order to explain why he became Domestico.
- Unreliable Narrator: Subverted. Mariano is totally nuts, but his story is 100% believable.