Comic Book: Alpha Gods
In the year 2086 humanity faces a new threat, Extra Humans. The government is struggling to cope with the growing number of mutants, aliens and supernatural beings who are living amongst us. People are beginning to panic and so, in 2050, the Department for Extra Human Affairs was established with a remit to try and contain the problem. By 2086 the situation has escalated, so they have formed a new rapid response strike force, the Alpha Gods. Who better to police the Extra Human community than Extra Humans themselves?This group of young misfits and rebels must learn to work together despite facing confliict from within and from without. How can they follow a leader they have no faith in? How can they fight people they used to count as allies?Alpha Gods is a British comic written by Ian Sharman, drawn by Ezeqiuel Pineda and colored by Mauro Barbosa.
This comic provides examples of
- Bullying a Dragon: People often attack Extra Humans, knowing perfectly well that they're super powered beings who could easily tear them appart.
- Deal with the Devil: Cravely is granted immortality by Malak, but in exchange he is forced to serve him.
- Fantastic Racism: Humans towards Extra Humans
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: "Extra human" is an umbrella term that covers cyborgs, ghosts, aliens, mutants, lycanthropes and several others.
- Our Angels Are Different: The Nephilim have a very alien appearance, quite different from their conventional appearance. The fallen angels look much more traditional though.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Cravely's main motivation for serving Malak is so that he can honor his end of their bargain and finally be allowed to die.