Characters: The Elder Scrolls: Arena
The Eternal Champion / Talin
- Badass: Especially when you consider how Nintendo Hard Arena is...
- The Eternal Champion was also the only TES protagonist to visit every province of Tamriel, aka the Arena.
- Add to that the fact that, like the Imperial Agent, the Eternal Champion wasn't a hero of prophecy. S/he was only chosen in the sense that everyone else in the Imperial Court was either dead, brainwashed or in another dimension.
- Featureless Protagonist
- Player Character
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: A reverse of this trope, as this applies to the monsters perspective if the hero is a Dark Elf. (See Badass above)
- The Unchosen One
- Game Over Man
- Have a Nice Death:"With you died our last hope for justice. Tharn is now free to do as he will. It saddens me to see the beautiful land of Tamriel rotting from within. Goodbye, [player]. I wish you peace in the afterworld..."
- Magical Guide
- Our Ghosts Are Different
- Posthumous Character
- Spirit Advisor
- Big Bad
- Deal with the Devil: Made a deal with Mehrunes Dagon to destroy the Imperial Battlespire.
- Evil Chancellor
- Evil Mentor
- Evil Sorcerer
- Game Over Man
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half Breton, half Dark Elf. Although seeing as Bretons are humans of Elven descent, he's more than half human. More like a 70/30 mix of the two.
- Have a Nice Death:"You were a fool to confront me, and now have paid the ultimate price. Even now my servants go to fetch your mortal husk. You will serve me well through my years as Emperor, once I have made you undead. Perhaps I will even let you retain some of your memories, so that the price of your failure has meaning to you..."
- Large Ham: This guy was just plain fun to listen to.
- Necromancer: If the above quote is any indication.
- Obviously Evil: One has to wonder why the emperor trusted this guy,◊ though as pointed out the red eyes looks a lot less worrisome in the context of the setting.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Due to his Dunmeri heritage. (Of course, it's possible for the player to have glowing red eyes if they play a Dunmer...)
- Treacherous Advisor: To Uriel Septim VII.
- The Usurper
- Worthy Opponent: Uses almost these exact words to describe the Player Character."It is obvious, whoever you are, that you are a cunning and worthy foe."