Characters: Lupe Fiasco
Micheal Young History
- "Lord, please have sympathy, and forgive Micheal Young History..."
- Disappeared Dad: Even after the pleading in "He Say, She Say", Michael's father never returned.
- The Everyman: Born in Every Hood, USA, even.
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: Micheal Young History— My Cool Young History
- Post-Mortem One-Liner: Receives one in "The Die", after insisting that he's "the coolest m'fucka in the world"."Ain't too cool now, is ya nigga?"
- This Loser Is You
- Tonight Someone Dies: In the beginning of "The Die", Lupe announces "I present... the death... of The Cool."
- Tragic Villain: Michael's need for acceptance as a result of his father's abandonment pushes him to seek fame and fortune. The Streets exploits this to put him under her thumb, and The Game uses him as what amounts to a pawn. Despite all the lives he ruins, he still just wants to make a name for himself in the Music Industry, so that he can eventually return home to enjoy the old pleasures of childhood. Strengthened by "The Coolest" and "Fighters" though "Paris, Tokyo" shows inklings of this.
- "Hustler for death, no heaven for a gangster..."
- Anachronic Order: The song titled "The Cool", which illustrates this character's story, is featured on Lupe's debut album, Lupe Fiasco's Food And Liquor. It isn't until the next album, Lupe Fiasco's The Cool, that the life of character, as Michael Young History, is narrated.
- Determinator: Once awakened, he tries to use the gold chain he was buried in to dig his way out. Upon realizing this won't free him quickly enough, he begins to eat his way out.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Type R. As illustrated in "Superstar", History is rejected by St. Peter and hell won't let him either, so, as The Cool, he returns to the world of the living.
- Rise from Your Grave: He digs his way out of his own grave in "The Cool"
- Red Right Hand: His right hand was all that rotted away.
- "The Streets is a demon in a dress, with dollar signs in her eyes and semen on her breath..."
- Deal with the Devil: She is the ultimate at playing people into this. Did so to History, as clearly illustrated in "The Coolest".
- Green Eyes
- Human Notepad: She has the names of all those she's seduced tattooed across her breasts… from Alexander the Great to Al Capone.
- The Vamp: Men, women, kids, old people, she's interested in two things: power and the pursuit of it.
- Wingding Eyes: She literally has glowing dollar signs for pupils.
- "From a throne of their bones, I rule. These fools are my fuel, so I make them cool"
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.