open/close all folders
Characters who appeared in the Boktai series
Solar Boy Django
- Maki Mizuma (JP)
- Amy Kudo (EN)
The main character and player character of the first three games, and the eponymous character of Boktai 2. Django is the last of the Solar Children, and current wielder of the Gun Del Sol, which he inherited from his father, Red Ringo, the greatest vampire hunter. Django tries to follow his father's footsteps as a vampire hunter. Django is usually accompanied by his friend and mentor, Master Otenko, and he drags around a coffin, used to transport vampires after he has defeated them.He is named after Django from the film of the same name.
- Anime Hair
- Cross-Dressing Voices
- Badass: He's a vampire hunter by trade.
- Dhampyr: Becomes a genuine half-vampire after being bitten by his father in 2 and promptly Piledrived. He switches between both human and vampire forms at will.
- It's also possible he may have been this at birth as well, but as it's never stated whether his mother was a vampire or not, it's left ambiguous.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The Gun Del Sol. Although most of the time, they're more like laser bullets.
- The Gunslinger
- Heroic Mime: Seems like this at first, but actually averted, as he usually has a few things to say at the end of 1 and 2. He also speaks regularly in 3, and in the crossover scenarios of Mega Man Battle Network 4 and 6.
- Heroic Willpower: Firm believer in this. Sabata even thinks it's his strongest trait. It's implied that this is how he got his solar power back after being vampirized.
- Light Is Good/The Power of the Sun: Django's power, whether he channels it into his weapons or magic, comes from sunlight.
- Dark Is Not Evil: After being half-vampirized by his father, his powers are temporarily switched out for traditional vampire ones.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: He eventually gains control over both.
- Mix-and-Match Weapon: One of the main combat gimmicks in 1 and 3 is the ability to customize the Gun Del Sol, giving it different attack types and elemental attributes. It isn't present in 2 because the gun was stolen and broken.
- Multi-Melee Master: Gets several types of melee weapons in 2 because of said theft. He retains both ranged- and melee-based fighting styles in 3.
- Not Quite Dead: In the beginning of Boktai 3. He was presumed dead, but his vampire blood helped to save him. He was still stuck underground though, only broken out by Trinity falling from the sky.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Inherited from his father. Otenko uses this connection to his father to encourage him when he's down.
- Super Mode: Has two. One light, one dark.
- Superpowered Evil Side: For the most part, averted; the only exception is in 2 as a screen-cleaning Desperation Attack if Django takes too much consecutive damage in vampire form. Save for this, Django is still very much himself.
- You Killed My Father: Django's mission in the very beginning of the game is to defeat the Count, who killed his father. Subverted in that the Count actually turned his father into a Vampire, rather than killing him completely.
- Young Gun: The Solar Boy, who has inherited his late father's weapon and must defeat the Immortals in his place.
Voiced by: Eric Kelso (EN)
- Anti Christ: His purpose is to revive the Doomsday Beast Jormungandr, which will destroy the world. The plan was supposedly in the works since 1, but got delayed due to the Count defecting.
- Big Bad: Of 2.
- Casting a Shadow
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Black Dainn— He wears black.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: He tries to be this, but Django's Heroic Willpower proves to be his undoing nonetheless; Dainn realizes that the best way to neutralize Django as a threat is to vampirize him, preventing him from using The Power of the Sun. Not only does this backfire horribly when Django uses his newly-acquired Dark powers to beat down Durathror, but he then gets his solar power back anyway and Piledrives her, losing Dainn his trump card for keeping the Solar Tree in check.
- Duel Boss: Despite that his fight starts out with Sabata helping you, both he and the recently-freed Ringo are too exhausted to continue, forcing Django to fight Dainn alone.
- Grand Theft Me: After his altercation with a no longer Brainwashed and Crazy Ringo, he pulls this on him.
- Living Shadow
- Put the "Laughter" in "Slaughter"
- Spell My Name with a "The": Dainn is referred to as the Black Dainn and the Black Shadow.
- Weakened by the Light: Dainn's shadow attacks are much weaker and do not last as long when the GBA game catches direct sunlight.
- We Can Rule Together: Seeing that Django has become way too much of a threat after gaining both Sol and Dark power, he tries this with him. Agreeing leads to a Downer Ending.
- You Don't Look Like You: For reasons unknown, he assumes Ringo's form after being exorcised in his boss battle. The game makes it evident that the blackened Ringo is in fact Dainn by using both his own character portrait and his voice.
Voiced by: Lenne Hardt (EN)
- Apologetic Attacker: Duneyrr apologizes for having no choice but to kill Django before initiating battle with him.Duneyrr: Please don't let this shock you, but... I'm afraid you must die now. My brother told me not to fight you. But I'm so hungry. I've been asleep for such a long time. Waking up and having a Solar Child for breakfast is just what I need... So you see, I've really got no choice. So sorry."
- Basement-Dweller: She may not be living in her mother's basement, but she does reside in the basement of San Miguel's cathedral.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Duneyrr's larvae crawl around the ground, ramming into her foes while she attacks aerially.
- Chromatic Arrangement: Her yellow hair goes perfectly with Durathror's red hair and Dvalinn's blue outfit.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Duneyrr's moth form is a snowy white, which makes perfect sense since she is known as the White Duneyrr.
- Friend to Bugs
- Horror Hunger: Mmmm... There's nothing like the taste of a Solar Boy to brighten up your morning.
- Pretty in Mink: Duneyrr wears a green coat decorated in white fur.
- Spell My Name with a "The":Duneyrr: I am the White Duneyrr, the Sky-ruling Immortal..."
- Wake Up Fighting: Duneyrr is finally awakened from her deep sleep, and what is the first thing she does? Why, she chooses to attack Django!
Voiced by: Bianca Allen (EN)[[quoteright:302:]
- Bee Afraid: Venomous bees are released from Durathror's decoy buds when struck. * Chromatic Arrangement: Her red hair goes perfectly with Duneyrr's yellow hair and Dvalinn's blue outfit.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Red Durathror — she has red hair and a red ribbon.
- Creepy Child
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life:Durathror: In my world, there was no light... With no light in the world, I just wanted to die... Dark Brother... I tried my hardest... My life had...meaning... didn't it?..."
- Green Thumb
- Light Is Not Good: She's the only Sol-attributed Immortal. Which made her very useful for suppressing the Solar Tree, though it's implied she fixed this with the last of her power after being Piledrived.
- Spell My Name with a "The":Durathror: I am the Red Durathror! I am the Earth-ruling Immortal!"
- Tentacle Rope: Durathror uses thorny tentacle-like vines to constrict her enemies.
Voiced by: Donna Burke (EN)
- Aloof Big Sister
- Attack Its Weak Point: An attack to Dvalinn's head will inflict a substantial amount of damage.
- Breath Weapon: Dvalinn's Dark Breath attack chips away slowly at the health of those standing in its path.
- Chromatic Arrangement: Her blue outfit goes perfectly with Durathror's red hair and Duneyrr's yellow hair.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Blue Dvalinn— Conveniently enough, Dvalinn's outfit and octopus form are primarily blue.
- Combat Tentacles
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods
- Giant Squid: Actually, she is a giant octopus—and a destructive one too.
- Making a Splash: Despite her Frost alignment.
- Spell My Name with a "The": Though she does not say it herself, she is referred to as the Blue Dvalinn by Cheyenne and the others.
- Tentacle Rope: Dvalinn constricts Django and drags him underwater where she then introduces herself.
- Typical Tentacle Tactics: Using her tentacles, Dvalinn grabs Django and strands him on a small island arena where she then faces him. Like any other video game octopus, Dvalinn fights with only two of her tentacles and uses an array of spit/rock projectiles.
A member of the group of Immortals, working for Ratatosk. He appears in Boktai 3, at the top of the Ancient Solar Tree. He kidnaps Trinity, forcing Django to rescue him, where he is then defeated and purified. His standard non-combat appearance is that pictured to the side, however, it's actually just a disguise, formed by his folded wings. During battle, he unfolds his wings to reveal a far more frightening bird Immortal.
- Feathered Fiend: When fighting or kidnapping he reveals his avian form.
- Feather Flechettes: Attacks with sharp feather projectiles
- Horror Hunger: Eats anything including humans.
- Invites Human As Dinner:Hresvelgr: *To Django* "...But won't you join me for a quick meal? Ah, no need to cook! I'll eat anything!"
- Nice Hat: Wears a nice purple hat.
- Kidnapping Bird of Prey: Hresvelgr kidnaps Trinity.
- Overly Long Tongue: Of the Nightmare Fuel variety.
A member of the Demon Clan of Immortals and the main antagonist of Boktai 3. His plan is to conquer the earth using the Eternal Vanargand, who resides on the moon. Unlike most Immortals, he chooses not to follow the Will of the Galaxy, instead working for his own goals. He appears in the timelines of both Boktai 3 and Lunar Knights. In Boktai 3, he is defeated by Django and Otenko in the Dark Castle. However in the Lunar Knights timeline, Django is already dead at that point, and so his plan is successful. He gains the title "Lord of Destruction" and conquers the earth. Later on, he is greatly wounded in a battle against Trinity, and is eventually killed with Trinity by Dumas.
- Deadly Disc: Honing Chakrams
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Upon his defeat Ratatosk twirls dramatically and falls to the ground, with an explosion of his boa feathers drifting slowly to the ground.
- Fluffy Fashion Feathers
- Get Back Here Boss: Ratatosk speeds around the room in circles using hit and run tactics. It almost seems as if he is taunting you and your delayed responses.
- Giggling Villain
- Hair Flip
- Invisible Jerkass:
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Marionette Master: Creates Dark Matter versions of enemies, and uses them to attack.
- Not Quite Flight: He hovers around the room.
- Precision-Guided Chakram Ratatosk's chakrams follow the target.
- Speed Demon
- Total Eclipse of the Plot: Part of his plan requires a Lunar Eclipse.
- Unrealistic Black Hole: His black holes spew out trash and can aid him in avoiding your attacks.
- Whip It Good: He'll whip you if you get too close to his personal space bubble....
Characters who appeared in Lunar Knights