Sexcrement is a Massachusetts death metal band. Characterized by their unique blend of death metal, groove metal, hardcore, and glam, disgusting and depraved black comedy lyrics, and their raucous stage shows that frequently employ strippers and drag queens alike, Sexcrement is a well-known and well-loved part of the New England metal scene.
Formed in 2005 by Adam Mason (vocals), Evan Duplessis and Mark Richards (guitars, also vocals for the latter), Josh Staples (bass, vocals), and Devon Hunt (drums), the band wasted no time in getting off the ground via a whirlwind run of live shows and the release of the Whiskey Tits
demo in 2006; come September of that year, the Granny Tranny Midget Fetish
single had also been released, Richards had left the band, and a deal had been inked with DeathMetal.us. 2007 brought Genitales from the Porno Potty
, their first full-length, which was released to widespread acclaim and made a big splash on the underground. Appearances were made throughout the US in support of it, and in 2008, their first overseas appearance was made at the NRW Deathfest in Germany. Staples also left around the end of that year, and Peter "Blue" Spinazola quickly jumped in to take the spot. More shows followed, and by 2010, the XXX Bargain Bin Vol 1
EP had been released on Blue's own Dilapidated Enterprises label. A deal with Comatose Music was inked sometime after, and by 2012, Sloppy Seconds
was also out. Many, many shows followed its release, and the band has been working on another new EP, which was released for free digital download in October of 2014.
- Whiskey Tits (2006) - demo
- Granny Tranny Midget Fetish (2006) - single
- Genitales from the Porno Potty (2007)
- XXX Bargain Bin Vol 1 (2010)
- Sloppy Seconds (2012)
- XXX Bargain Bin Vol 2 (2014)
The band contains examples of the following tropes:
- Badass Beard: Adam and Blue.
- Badass Gay: Devon.
- Black Comedy: Their only lyrical theme, and coupled with copious amounts of Squick.
- Contemptible Cover: Whiskey Tits and Genitales.
- Cover Version: They have covered "We Die Young" and "Heartbreaker" live.
- Death Metal: Slightly leaning towards slam, but mostly its own animal.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Everything up to Genitales was more technical and less overtly rock-influenced.
- Groove Metal: Has prominent elements of it.
- Hair Metal: Heavily influenced by it, particularly through Devon (whose favorite band is Bon Jovi) and Blue (whose favorite band is KISS).
- Lead Bassist: Blue is a Type C; he handles most of the booking, and he's also a very, very well-known figure in the New England metal scene.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Solid 10 on their earlier material, soft 10 as of XXX Bargain Bin Vol 1.
- Motor Mouth: Adam Mason's specialty.
- Signature Style: Lots of hard rock and Hair Metal-influenced riffs, a heavy focus on grooves, and lots of comedic samples.
- Special Guest: Dave Davidson and Mallika Sundaramurthy both appear on the new EP, while Phil Dubois-Coyne and Alan Glassman have appeared as extras in their music videos.
- Supergroup: Technically, but this is true for most bands in the New England metal scene, where juggling multiple bands is the norm. Adam hails from Goratory, Evan and Devon both hail from Terminally Your Aborted Ghost (additionally, Evan is also currently the vocalist for Composted), and Blue is currently in Dysentery and Parasitic Extirpation.
- X Meets Y: Skinless meets KISS meets Pantera meets WASP.