Blog / Hidden in the Trees
Hidden In The Tress is the sequel to Eccentrically Bored
and like its predecessor it is set in The Fear Mythos
and is about Joey Steward (now referred to as Steward). The story deals with Joey's new life after becoming a Slender Man proxy
and his continuing encounters with the Fears and their servants. This being a Fear Mythos story it doesn't take long for things to get much worse than they already are...
Hidden in the Trees introduced much to the Mythos including the concept of the Great Game and marking the first appearances of the Blind Man, the Manufactured Newborn, and the Eye.
It's finished now and you can read it here
Tropes present in Hidden In The Trees include:
- Break the Cutie: After a month of having to spy on Emily, Steward goes into great detail about how he wants Emily's parents to be murdered and how they are to be arranged when she get's there. It works to say the least.
- Bolivian Army Ending: On the last post, moments before Steward will either be killed by the Fears or turn into a camper he dares the Fears to come and get him.
- Crossover: The character Maxwell first appeared in The Hunter.
- Deadpan Snarker: Used a lot by Steward when talking to people that annoy him. In other words: everyone.
- Downer Ending: Just when it's seems as if Steward is finally getting out of the crazy stage his partners and love interest are killed and gets betrayed by the Slender Man. He survives but gets targeted by nearly every other Fear for the piece of EAT a camper put in his body and most likely gets killed shortly after.
- Eldritch Abomination: There are nine of them mentioned throughout the story.
- Eyeless Face: The Blind Man.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness:
- Slender Man does this to Steward shortly after a deal with the Rake.
- The Wooden Girl also possess's one of her Dolls after Slender Man burns her proper body.