Ask a Velociraptor
is a Tumblr
blog run by a Velociraptor
. It has gained massive attention and popularity from online dinosaur enthusiasts due to its aversion of Raptor Attack
, as well as its consistently entertaining and well-thought-out
This work provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adorkable: Velociraptor himself qualifies. That's right; this blog makes a flesh-eating dinosaur into an adorable little ball of awkward.
- Animesque: The art style sometimes forages into this. The Velociraptor himself looks quasi-super deformed.
- Cartoon Creature: "Poorlydrawndinosaur", who asks the Velociraptor for help figuring out what species he is here.
- Character Blog
- Clever Crows: A flock of crows aren't amused by the Velociraptor boasting about having useable fingers and insulting the focus of the trope, their intelligence.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Microraptor are said to be these.
- Cool Big Bro: Deinonychus are said to be these.
- Deinonychus also cheered Velociraptor up after he got buried by a sandstorm.
- Feathered Fiend: Utahraptor, cassowaries, crows...Averted with our title character, though.
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Velociraptor notes that Troodons and their ilk are very smart, but tend to keep to themselves.
- Jerkass: Utahraptor are said to be these.
- Nice Guy: The Velociraptor himself is very polite, a far cry from how his species is usually depicted.
- Orphaned Series: No new posts since 2012.
- Raptor Attack: Massively averted!
- Shout-Out: Drake is mentioned once.
- Shown Their Work
- Stock Dinosaurs: Velociraptor itself, Deinonychus, Protoceratops, Utahraptor, etc.
- Super OCD: Velociraptor comments that Oviraptors tend to be rather neurotic, especially when it comes to their eggs.
- Take That: To Jurassic Park at various points.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: The female Velociraptor shown here has a single eyelash.
- Zerg Rush: An occasional hunting technique for the Velociraptor.
"We’re not coordinated enough to be a pack, honestly. We just tend to overpower whatever prey item we have our sights on, then proceed to try and overpower the other Velociraptor for dibs on the good bits."