Perhaps the most famous female videogame composer ever, Shimomura is largely known for the Kingdom Hearts
series, which alone is one crowning symphony of awesome, and also for her work on Super Mario RPG
and the Mario & Luigi
games. But that just scrapes the surface of her work.
- Live A Live. Every song in it is starkly different but all epic. Megalomania The Bird Flies In The Sky, The Fish Swims In The River, Knock You Down, Murder By A Psycho, The Wanderer, the list goes on.
- Shimomura did the music for Street Fighter II. Kingdom Hearts, nothing - even if most people don't know she was behind that soundtrack, it's far and away her most famous work. Yes, that includes "Guile's Theme".
- Pick anything from Legend of Mana, and you will find her work. For example, Bejeweled City and its Drammatica Version.
- She's responsible for the haunting and pulse-pounding sounds of Parasite Eve as well:
- Remember "King Dedede's Theme" or "Tetris A" in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Yeah, that was her. So was the remix of "Gritzy Desert".
- From Radiant Historia:
- While not many people may know about this one, she also helped compose the soundtrack to Little King's Story. While the tracks are all remixes of famous classical music and not her original compositions, they are fantastic remixes.
- Ladies and Gentlemen, Unfinished Battle from Xenoblade.
- Wily's stage theme (NES version, Complete Works remix) from Mega Man 5.