Awesome: The Muppet Movie
- There has been much debate as to whether The Muppet Movie or A Muppet Family Christmas is more of a Jim Henson victory lap. In any case, both are Crowning Moments for everyone involved and both feature a fantastic moment at the end that is somewhere in-between this and Crowning Moment of Heartwarming:
- "Here's to the lovers, the dreamers, and you!"
Mad Scientist/ Mel Brooks: Say Goodbye to the frog, pig!
Piggy: Why should I?
Mad Scientist: Cause in about ten seconds, he won't know you from kosher bacon!
Piggy: THAT DOES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Bursts out of her bonds and proceeds to whoop ass.)
- From a production standpoint, Kermit riding the bicycle. Decades later and people are still impressed by the puppetry work.
- Giant Animal.
Animal: BAD MAN!!!!!!!!!!
- None other than Orson Welles providing the film's final cameo, fulfilling all of Kermit's dreams without even needing to see any of his act.
- On a meta-level, only Welles could provide a ton of characterization and depth to a character who appears for a grand total of 40 seconds. That's acting, folks.
- The speech by Kermit, and in a strange way, Doc's rejection of it, breaking from the standard kid's movie formula.