- Statler and Waldorf's heckling at the beginning: "Private screening?" "Yeah, they're afraid to show it in public!"
- Later, while the Show Within a Show is being fixed: "So, what do you think of the movie so far?" "I've seen detergents that leave a better film than this!"
- Drinks on the house, and a fork in the road!
- To explain the former, when the Bar Brawl at the El Sleazo starts to get out of control, Fozzie dresses up as the bartender and yells, "Free drinks! On the house!" the customers cheer and stampede out of the place. We cut to roof of the El Sleazo, with the bar patrons confusedly asking where the free drinks are.
Fozzie: Works every time.
- Meeting Big Bird on the side of the road.
Fozzie: Hey, there, want a lift?
Big Bird: Oh, no thanks. I'm on my way to New York City, to try and break into public television!
- After the Electric Mayhem help disguise the Studebaker.
- Accidentally buying a $11.95 car.
Gonzo: Less our twelve-dollar trade-in! You owe us a nickel.
(Followed by a disgusted used car dealer—played by Milton Berle—holding a nickel.)
- Gonzo's breathlessly excited commentary when flying via balloons.
Gonzo: This is like flying! Maybe it is flying. I'M FLYING!!!
- Steve Martin's cameo as the waiter.
"Sparkling Muscatel, one of the finest wines of Idaho!"
- Animal helping Bunsen test the sound equipment during the interlude of "The Magic Store":
(Bunsen's headphones jump around)
- The 'Hare Krishna' Running Gag;
Bernie the Agent: I have lost my sense of direction!
Kermit: Have you tried Hare Krishna?
Kermit: '(About Fozzie)'' This guy's lost.
Waiter: Maybe he should try Hare Krishna.
- Culminating at the church where the Electric Mayhem are, with a sign that says "Lost? Have you tried Rev. Harry Krishna?"
- Another Running Gag/Chekhov's Gag involving the introduction of Sweetums. Originally the "jack" for car dealer Berle, he starts chasing Kermit and company when he learns they're going to Hollywood. We see him one time in Miss Piggy's entrance scene, and then, finally, he crashes through the projector screen as the movie-within-the-movie finishes, finally catching up with everybody.
- To prove this movie has No Fourth Wall, at one point in the movie Kermit hands the script to said movie over to Electric Mayhem to explain Kermit and Fozzie's story as to why they're traveling, as an alternative to summarizing the whole movie up to that point, since as Kermit points out, "it'll bore the audience!"
- This exchange:
Dr. Teeth: It's the man with the badge, the PO-lice, the cops, the fuzz, the P-I-...
Dr. Teeth: I wouldn't think of it.
- Kermit rolling through town on his bicycle before nearly getting himself run over by a steam roller.
: (Stares upon his destroyed bike)
Hmph. That's pretty dangerous, building a road in the middle of the street! I mean, if frogs couldn't hop, I'd be gone with the Schwinn
- Fozzie driving through a forest, looking around appreciatively. "Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat. (Beat) A Studebaker."
- Fozzie's standup:
Fozzie: There was this sailor, who was so fat...
Fat Sailor in Audience: How fat was he?! (smashes bottle on table)
Fozzie: Uh...he was so fat that everybody liked him, and there was nothing funny about him at all.
- "I'm a professional! I've had three performances!"
- Swedish Chef's description of the malfunctioning projector, ending with "Der flip flip flip flip flip!"
Chef: Der flim is okey-dokey!
- The exchange between Fozzie and Gonzo in the car:
I always wanted to go to Bombay, India
, and become a movie star.
Fozzie: You don't go to Bombay to become a movie star. You go where we're going, Hollywood!
Gonzo: Sure, if you want to do it the easy way.
Fozzie: (singsongy) We picked up a weirdo...
- El Sleezo Cafe is filled with outrageous stereotypes of all shapes and sizes. Apparently, it's the bar that all jokes walk into.
- When the Electric Mayhem is introducing themselves to Kermit and Fozzie...
Floyd: Show 'em what you do, Animal!
Animal: Ah, what do! Eat drums! (Begins gnawing on his cymbals)
Dr. Teeth: No no, beat drums! Beat drums!
Animals: (Stops) ...Beat drums! Beat drums! (Begins head butting his drums)