- Sub-Zero and Scorpion's introduction.
- Johnny Cage, Sonya and Liu Kang versus a gang of mooks, and what happened afterward:
Raiden: (after a slow, sarcastic clapping) Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. So what don't you show me what you plan to do about...(points behind the three of them) them?(Sonya, Johnny and Liu see a small battalion of Mooks behind them, armed, ready, and advancing on them.)Raiden: Uh-uh! (Mooks stop; lightning sparks on the tip of Raiden's finger) I don't think so. Heh, heh, heh. (Raiden lead the three out, as the Mooks clear a path for them.) I think you'll find that this is the way out.Johnny Cage: (tosses his bo to another Mook) You guys are lucky he stopped us.
- Sonya Blade gets her legs around Kano's head into a scissor lock:
Shang Tsung: Finish him!Kano: No, Sonya, don't! Please! C'mon, gimme a break!Sonya (pause): OK...(slight twist of hips)
- A moment of silence for Johnny Cage...
Cage: Those were $500 sunglasses, asshole! (Cue asskicking of Goro)
- Liu Kang vs Reptile near the end of the first film.
- Liu Kang's utter trouncing of Shang Tsung in the climax. "Flawless victory."
- Right the very end, when the Emperor shows up but the heroes aren't fazed for even. one. second.
- This troper was in the theater on August 18th, 1995, the day this movie came out. The opening theme started to play, which is enough to get anyone's blood pumping, then fire began to erupt around some kind of symbol until the camera pulled back to reveal Mortal Kombat's iconic dragon logo. Everyone stood up and started cheering.
- The simple fact that this was a video game movie that didn't suck was awesome in and of itself.
- Johnny Cage vs. Scorpion. First, he kills Scorpion's organic spear by letting it embed itself into the tree behind him, gets sucked into an alternate Hell-like dimension, then battles him on the bridge before being sent down to the bone-filled ground. Then he uses the shield of one of the warriors that met their end below to protect himself when Scorpion tries doing his classic Fatality on him, just before hurling a spear his way, and then using the saw blade of the shield to slash him and take off the top of his skull-like head. Scorpion then fucking explodes.
- A meta example: the actors wound up pretty battered and bruised as part of the filming, but soldiered on anyways. Robin Shou, Liu Kang's actor, fractured two ribs in the fight against Reptile when he was thrown into a pillar, but decided to keep filming anyways (with a polite request to Keith Cooke, who played Reptile, not to kick him on that side).
Awesome / Mortal Kombat