Awesome: Mortal Kombat
- Sub-Zero and Scorpion's introduction.
- Johnny Cage, Sonya and Liu Kang versus a gang of mooks, and what happened afterward:
Raiden: (after a slow, sarcastic clapping) Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. So what don't you show me what you plan to do about...(points behind the three of them) them?(Sonya, Johnny and Liu see a small battalion of Mooks behind them, armed, ready, and advancing on them.)Raiden: Uh-uh! (Mooks stop; lightning sparks on the tip of Raiden's finger) I don't think so. Heh, heh, heh. (Raiden lead the three out, as the Mooks clear a path for them.) I think you'll find that this is the way out.Johnny Cage: (tosses his bo to another Mook) You guys are lucky he stopped us.
- Sonya Blade gets her legs around Kano's head into a scissor lock:
Shang Tsung: Finish him!Kano: No, Sonya, don't! Please! C'mon, gimme a break!Sonya (pause): OK...(slight twist of hips)
- A moment of silence for Johnny Cage...
Cage: Those were $500 sunglasses, asshole! (Cue asskicking of Goro)
- Liu Kang vs Reptile near the end of the first film.
- Liu Kang's utter trouncing of Shang Tsung in the climax. "Flawless victory."
- Right the very end, when the Emperor shows up but the heroes aren't fazed for even. one. second.
- This troper was in the theater on August 18th, 1995, the day this movie came out. The opening theme started to play, which is enough to get anyone's blood pumping, then fire began to erupt around some kind of symbol until the camera pulled back to reveal Mortal Kombat's iconic dragon logo. Everyone stood up and started cheering.