- Seriously, it's a movie with a DRAGON in it. Need I say more?
- One scene that always stands out in the memory is when Kara and Brother Gilbert return to her village to try and rally support for a rebellion. The locals are unimpressed... until Bowen, recovered from his Heroic BSOD, returns on horseback and rides up to the crest of a nearby hill just in time for Draco to soar up, silhouetted against the sky. The image is striking enough to appear on the VHS and DVD covers◊.
- The battle itself counts too, especially when Einon surveys the battlefield, watching the heroes and peasants cutting down his trained army like they were nothing (and Bowen being extra badass by Dual Wielding at the time), forcing him to give the order to retreat.
- Brother Gilbert takes a level in badass during the battle as well. For the first half, he's hesitant to shoot anyone directly and instead opts to trigger switches to spring traps on the soldiers. It isn't until his To Be Lawful or Good moment and he directly shoots Einon when he finally drops all hesitation from then on.
- The recitation/affirmation of the Old Code in the rain.
- "A Knight is sworn to Valor""His Heart knows only Virtue""His Might upholds the Weak""His Blade defends the Helpless""His Words speaks only Truth""HIS WRATH UNDOES THE WICKED!"
- The fact that the effects for Draco still actually hold up after all these years, especially the incredible detail they used with his facial expressions, body movements/mannerisms, and even how his eyes follow the real people around him perfectly. Combine that with Connery's excellent voice acting and you've got one of the most unforgettable dragons on film.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.