- The scene where Brother Gilbert sits on Draco, who has disguised himself as a white boulder. Gilbert is attempting to write a song about Bowen, and taps his quill on Draco's head to sharpen the point. The "boulder" opens one eye in surprise and annoyance, creating a bit of visual hilarity.
- And when the villagers decide to sacrifice Kara (who is a rebellious troublemaker) to Draco in order to get him to leave. The following exchange happens between Bowen and Draco.
Draco: Who's the girl?
Bowen: A nuisance, get rid of her!
Bowen: They're trying to placate you with a sacrifice!
Draco: Oh, and who ever gave them that bright idea?
Bowen: Just get rid of her!
Bowen: ...eat her!
Draco: Oh please, yuck!
Bowen: Are we squeamish? You ate Sir Eglemoor, hypocrite!
Draco: I merely chewed in self-defense! But I never swallowed.
- Especially as that's likely a dragon's version of "I didn't inhale".
- Later on when Bowen comes to check up on them, Draco admits to being... distracted.
- Draco diving out of the lake after being "killed" by Bowen and seeing a herd of sheep: "Well... hello." Dinner ensues.
- The third attempt at fake dragon slaying, with Kara trying to reason to the villagers they're frauds and Brother Gilbert suddenly coming to Bowen's rescue of his daring fighting prowess (who has no idea of their bargain after their standstill).
- Kara: Don't you see? He's in league with the dragon!
everyone stares at her, before bursting into full blown laughter.
- Then there was the actual crossbow attempt, which goes well... until Draco hits shallow water head first.
Bowen: *whispers* Come on sink! SINK!
Draco: *whispers* I can't, it doesn't get any deeper.
Brother Gilbert: What a brute! Why, he's even bigger than the last one!Bowen: Actually, he's about the same size...
- And the amused look on Kara's face upon seeing this.
- And the piece of resistance: all the villagers chasing the dragon for 'meat', prompting him to fly away for his life (and in turn blowing the ruse)
- And while the Power Trio are attempting to escape, Bowen swinging Brother Gilbert up onto his horse causes BG to accidentally cop a feel on Kara.
- There's a very quick bit when he's running across the shallow water, and suddenly stumbles and falls into a dip in the lake bed. The snarl he lets out seems to be about half, "Dammit, I fell!" and half "Oh, sure, here it's deep!"
- It gets even better: After Draco flies off, the villagers turn and start advancing on Bowen and company, while still chanting the word "meat."
- You can't forget Brother Gilbert's congratulations!
- Draco and Bowen's Mexican Standoff.
- In the sequel, there's a scene where Lian is fighting a bunch of soldiers. She knocks one guy's sword out of his hands, and it flies straight as an arrow and sinks into a post next to Geoff. A few moments later, a second sword flies at the pole and sticks into it as well, next to the first. And if that isn't enough, one of the soldiers has a decorative point on the top of his helmet, and ends up getting thrown headfirst at the pole and getting stuck in it as well.
- Brother Gilbert suddenly coming up with a good verse. "Wait, that was good...what did I just say?"
- At one point, Bowen is having a hard time lighting a cooking fire, and Draco offers to help. Never mind that the result is like taking a flamethrower to a tissue - "I hope you like it well done..." - but the way Draco lights it is good for a laugh; with almost a bored expression on his face, Draco pinches one nostril shut and exhales out the other, as if he's blowing his nose.
- When Draco rescues Bowen, Kara, and Brother Gilbert from the cannibalistic villagers, we are then treated to several fantastic shots of Draco flying through the evening sky. And what do we hear?
- Brother Gilbert: WE'RE GOING TO DIE! GOD HELP US, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIEEEE!!!
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.