Princess Luna has been banished to the moon for three centuries, and Equestria teeters on the onset of war. Politicians and nobles protest and bicker, while the griffons prepare to march through a torn Equestria.
In an effort to rally up support for the divided nation, Princess Celestia calls upon a fated pony to seek assistance from the north. The messenger is Rye Strudel; a small, half-breed stallion, born to a guard and a baker, who is caught in the tide of the growing conflict. Rye will have to unite the quarreling thanes of the north, for if he fails, Equestria may fall.
Originally posted by DSNesmith on fimfiction.net, on November 18th, 2012. It can be read here
This fanfiction provides examples of:
- Badass Bookworm: Cranberry, to varying degrees.
- Black and White Morality: For the most part in the external conflict between Grypha and Equestria.
- Bring Help Back: Rye's quest is to acquire reinforcements from the north, to assist Equestria against the griffons.
- Dad the Veteran: Inverted in that it is Rye's mother, Windstreak with the military association. Apricot's a baker.
- High Fantasy: While bits linger on Heroic Fantasy, Rye's quest is a result of the overbearing world events and how they impact him. Not the other way around.
- Mixed Ancestry: Rye Strudel. His mother is a pegasus, and his father, an earth pony.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits:
- The Team: Rye, Cranberry, and Inger comprise the group for the majority of the story.