Ambiguous Name (Alt Names crowner 18th July 2015): Mac Guffin Girl get usage counts
edited 5th Oct '13 12:51:39 PM by troacctid
Troper B: This would work better if it's a trope for a character who isn't necessarily in distress, just sought after. Basically a Living MacGuffin.
Troper C: Note that the example you started with wasn't really in immediate danger.
Troper D: (Also, Trope-Namer Syndrome.)
Troper A: Good points. *launch as Living MacGuffin* I guess you could ask the original sponsor about it if you really wanted (he's still around), but I don't think it's ambiguous. (A princess who everyone wants is a Living Macguffin, so that's not a contradiction.)
edited 5th Oct '13 1:33:18 PM by troacctid
edited 5th Oct '13 3:32:03 PM by NativeJovian
- The title is perfect for the supertrope we want.
- The examples and wicks all universally match the definition of the supertrope we want.
- Everyone already assumes it means the same thing as the supertrope we want.
- The current description is so close to the supertrope we want that it needs only a few minor tweaks to the syntax to get it where it needs to be.
- The current description is wonky and poorly-written enough that it needs to be rewritten no matter what we do.
- It has hundreds of wicks and inbounds already.
edited 5th Oct '13 5:13:58 PM by troacctid
edited 5th Oct '13 9:53:22 PM by troacctid
edited 6th Oct '13 10:02:33 AM by Earnest
edited 14th Oct '13 12:30:18 PM by mikurufan
edited 14th Oct '13 3:54:45 PM by troacctid
edited 14th Oct '13 4:12:28 PM by MikuruFan
Alternative Titles: Mundane Mac Guffin Person
18th Jul '15 9:23:13 AM