- As described on its page: "A malcontent that posts messages specifically designed to enrage, confuse, and/or infuriate as many people as possible."
- As described by its examples/wicks: The above, but not just on the internet and often targeted.
- As described by The Gadfly: Like The Gadfly, but on the internet and likely more malicious.
- As described on Manipulative Bastard: Someone who manipulates for "cruel amusement"
- The Gadfly
- As described on its page: "A character who often says things they don't necessarily believe in order to get a reaction."
- As described by its examples/wicks: As above.
- As described by Troll: Someone "not necessarily a troll but often partakes of some aspects of one."
- The Gadfly
So, the real question is: why are we trying to fix a page that contradicts itself (compare the descriptions of Type 1 and Type 2), when we can't even get the base pages to agree with each other?
edited 4th Jan '13 7:46:23 PM by Arha
edited 5th Jan '13 6:44:31 PM by magnum12
edited 8th Jan '13 10:04:54 PM by Arha
edited 10th Jan '13 7:23:56 PM by magnum12
- This page only exists because attempts to fix troll have been met by locked threads in the past.
- It has only 11 wicks.
- Not all items on the page refer to trolls or indeed the name of this page.
- It contradicts the pages troll and The Gadfly as to their relationship, and that is already confusing enough.
- Almost all examples are Zero Context Examples, and many items there come off as But More or But Less of others.
- The distinction between The Gadfly and Troll can be simply drawn according to non-maliciousness vs maliciousness, making this page redundant.
edited 17th Jan '13 5:20:49 AM by SeptimusHeap
edited 17th Jan '13 2:09:16 PM by Ironeye
You need to Get Known to get one of those.
Single Proposition: Sliding Scale Of Troll Cruelty
14th Jan '13 2:42:14 PM