In honor of Pokémon Conquest
being released internationally, I’ve decided to write up a Pokémon Conquest RPG. Or at least an RPG with a basic concept based off Pokémon Conquest.
Said concept is that it’s set during Medieval times, and that knights bond with their Pokémon to fight in wars and rarely other Pokémon.
In the lands of Crimena, an elegant and peaceful kingdom known as the Harmonium existed. The kingdom was ruled by a kind and elderly king, whose son’s ability to talk with Pokemon became one of the main reasons why the Harmonium became so peaceful, because from his son teaching others how to talk with Pokémon, it allowed people to bond and forge undying friendships with Pokémon to work as one unit. Any opposition in the form of rogue Pokémon or rival kingdoms were met with the combined forces of both Human and Pokémon. It was, for lack of a better term, a peaceful era.
But then, tragedy struck. King Harmonia was killed by what seemed to be his guards after a drunken night of partying over their latest victory. Soon after, all possible heirs were either killed or chased off by a horde of strange and unusual dragon Pokémon, the likes of which no man has ever seen. In alarm, the kingdom panicked, wondering what to do now that they have no possible heir. One person, the Gold Knight, stepped forth and proclaimed that they have no choice: The Twenty Knight Leaders must fight each other, to the death if need be, to obtain the throne. The story begins on the final day of peace before the war for Harmonium’s throne begins, as each of the Leaders prepare for what may be the most tragic and bloodiest battle of their life.
However, rumors across town speak of the Dragon Pokémon returning, fortune-telling witches speaking of a “frozen boundary” awakening, and those who have lost hope for the world say “Winter is Coming.”
Rules, Notes and other such stuff
This is where I blab about the rules of the RPG, both in and out of universe. Feel free to ask any questions, and I might be able to answer.
- While this is a There Can Only Be One RPG, the rules regarding killing someone works just the same: You must PM the player of the character you wish to kill if you can kill their character.
- There will be a limit of two human characters per person, so long as they fit in the universe of this RPG.
- As with Pokemon, the limit is six.
- Obviously no legendaries.
- Knight Leaders are limited (about seventeen are available) so it’s a first come first serve thing. You can reserve, if you want.
Notes are in-universe rules that everyone knows, with asterisks saying that only Knight and Knight Leaders know.
- Pokémon Connoisseurs do exist in this world, and their jobs are the same: judging how good the relationship between man and Pokémon. But they’re also Pokemon Secondary Language tutors, using the knowledge they had learned from Prince N. Harmonia to teach others.
- Knight Leaders do not have to fight to the death, for they can win a battle through incapacitating both a Knight Leader and their Pokémon (which can either be knocking them out or downright killing them) *
- Yes. Pokemon can speak.
- Pokemon can learn more than four moves, though four is the starting amount for moves.
- TMs and HMs * are also in the game, but rather than just popping a disk or whatever, it requires Training from Hell (though HMs are more natural and thus no training from hell is required)
- There are such things as Aura Users in this world, but they are very rare, since they're more of an Asian concept than a European concept.
- Pokemon start out with up to four moves in this RPG, but through training, they will get more moves.
- A Knight Leader status has to be earned or inherited. No one can just train to be one and expect to be a Knight Leader overnight.
- Catching a Pokemon is not like using Pokeballs. This involves bonding and developing trust in the Pokemon. When the Pokemon trusts them enough, they will join them. This includes Legendaries, but be warned, most of them are stubborn.
Sign Up Sheet
- Job: (Pretty much what job does your character have.)
- Knight Armor: (Applicable only if your character is a Knight)
- Knight Type: (Applicable only if your character is a Knight. It asks what type your Knight represents)
- Pokémon Partner: (This is pretty much who your character’s starting Pokémon is. Obviously, no legendaries and it must have the same type as your Knight type. Your Pokémon will have a separate signup sheet)
- Personality: (How would this character act)
- Bio: (A little backstory of how your character is shaped to the personality listed above)
- Leitmotif: (Optional)
- Pokémon’s Species:
- Pokémon’s Nickname: (If it goes by a nickname)
- Pokémon’s Age:
- Pokémon’s Gender:
- Pokémon’s Moves: (List up to four moves below; though make sure your Pokemon knows them)
- Pokémon’s Personality:
- Pokémon’s Bio:
- White Knight (Normal)
- Red Knight (Fighting)
- Indigo Knight (Flying) (Held by Deadbeatloser)
- Arcen the Magenta Knight (Poison) (Monopolated Light)
- Brown Knight (Ground)
- Blair the Amber Knight (Rock) (Tachi)
- Sir Sentus the Lime Knight (Bug) (Krautman)
- Tausend the shiny Scolipede
- Violet Knight (Ghost)
- Lyle The Gray Knight (Steel) (Endark Culi)
- Guy the Orange Knight (Fire) (Gray Star)
- Pierre the Blue Knight (Water) (Falkon)
- Edwin the Green Knight (Grass) (Ud The Imp)
- Joshua the Yellow Knight (Electric) (Strigon)
- Tobias the Black Knight (Dark) – Psyga315
- Purple Knight (Dragon)
- Isador the Crimson Knight (Psychic) (Xargnio)
- Derek the Cyan Knight (Ice) (Death Chariot)
- Joan the Turquoise Knight (???) (Ragna The Saviour)
- MacBeth the Gold Knight (Shadow) - (NPC)
- Hamlet the Silver Knight (Bird) – (NPC)
- Zolo Arkham the Thief – Psyga315
- Hilda Waldstein the Knight - Grey Star
- Rin Mizuki the Knight - Raineh Daze
- Erzsébet Hoffmann the Tavern Owner - Moerin
- Gertie the Pokémon Connoisseur - Endark Culi
- Annalina Cristella Clarwind the Noble - Anno
- Lord Ishtar Melmat - Xargnio
- Tacitus the Soldier - (des)
edited 5th Jul '12 2:48:52 PM by Psyga315