So which do most people prefer? What are both of their pros and cons?
As for me, quite honestly, I hate
the idea that digital distribution will become the one and only way to sell a game. I like an actual copy of the game I can hold in my hands. I want that box that actually looks kinda nice for some games (MuramasaTheDemonBlade
), I like setting all my games side by side on my shelf, and most importantly, I like the limited edition boxes, Feelies
, I don't like the possible risks associated with digital distributions...
In a much easier to read list form...
For why I like hard copies...
- I like to own an actual copy of the game in my hands
- they look nice in my shelf
- nice cover, manual, Feelies, limited edition stuff, other perks
- I can resell them if I don't like the game!!(F*CK YOU Silent Hill: Shattered Memories!!!!!! HATE!! RAGE!!)
- I can lend the games
- lastly...it's easy to transfer around, like if I got a new console, or other reasons.
For reason why I dislike digital distribution
- if something goes wrong with the computer or the system, theres a chance I lose everything
- no collectibles, no manuals, nothing
- no sweetass poster◊
- I can't stack them on shelves or feel like I own those games...
That said, there are good and bads for the two sides too. Hard copies of a game can be physically broken if you have an Annoying Younger Sibling
. And for Digital Distribution
, it's cheaper or something.
Your opinion pros/cons of both? Which do you prefer?
edited 2nd Mar '11 9:11:27 PM by Signed