YMMV: Zoids: New Century
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Leena trying to kill Bit with missiles just for accidentally walking in on her in the bath. Moral Event Horizon, or just a bit of comedy that didn't quite work.
- Anti-Climax Boss: Bit's rematch against Leon in the Tournament was disappointingly brief, most likely due to the fact it took place towards the end of the episode. What could have been an epic confrontation between two evenly matched rivals turned out to be a quick and rather disappointing victory for Bit.
- Boring Invincible Hero: Bit is frequently accused of being this. However, his total number of losses is actually greater than RD of Zoids: Fuzors, a protagonist who is generally considered by the fanbase to be a Boring Failure Hero.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: New Century was a commercial flop in Japan, but when it was exported to the U.S. it was far more successful, doing even better in television ratings than Chaotic Century did.
- Fanon: Quite popular, usually in the form of connections between New Century and Chaotic Century. For example, it's commonly accepted that Liger Zero is a further evolution of Van's Blade Liger and Zeke, and less commonly believed that the Berserk Fury is similarly Raven's Geno Breaker and Shadow, despite neither even being implied in the series. The red Blade Liger is also believed by some to be Van's Liger and Zeke, if the Liger Zero isn't. The final battle in the series takes place near the wreck of a long-abandoned Ultrasaurus, which can easily be interpreted to be the one Moonbay used in the final battle of Chaotic Century.
- Nightmare Fuel: That "Chainsaw Man" episode.
- The Scrappy: Leena, to those who find her angry behavior irritating.