YMMV: Wonder Boy
The series in general
- More Popular Spin-off: The Monster World sub-series. There's a reason why the PS2 compilation was titled the Monster World: Complete Collection and not the "Wonder Boy Collection"
- Demonic Spiders: The frogs (which are extremely hard to hit before they jump into you) and the literal spiders that appear in droves in later stages.
- Goddamned Bats: Bees, rocks, bats, octopuses, swordfishes, etc.
Wonder Boy in Monster Land
- Porting Disaster: The Amiga version had stumpy graphics and tinny sound, did not label shop doors, and had a small play area to fit the status border. (The Master System version instead compressed the HUD into a small bar and put the rest of the info in a pause menu, resulting in a much more playable screen size.)
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
- Porting Disaster: The Mega Drive version had its graphics horribly mutilated, even worse music than the arcade version, and five stages were removed due to lack of ROM space.