Tropers Online: 4,715
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
- Crowning Moment of Funny: This exchange during the cow milking scene:
Eli: What's the matter, man? Haven't you ever had your hands on a teat before?
Book: Not one this big.
- What really makes that scene work is Eli chuckling at the remark (Not So Stoic after all) and Book doing a double-take at it.
- McFee accidentally stepping on cow manure and screaming, "Shit!"
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Maurice Jarre's score. Conceptually speaking it shouldn't work as it's played entirely on synthesisers, and the Amish wouldn't go near a synth, and yet it's uplifting without being sentimental.
- Retroactive Recognition: This was Viggo Mortensen's first movie, as one of the Amish.