YMMV: Where Eagles Dare
- Adaptation Displacement: The film is so much more famous than the novel, that, despite author MacLean's mild fame, most people are unaware there even was a book.
- Awesome Music: The main theme and associated Recurring Riffs are absolute classics amongst war movies.
- Holy Shit Quotient: Despite the film being over 40 years old, enough stuff was exploded and riddled with bulletholes that most of the effects are still pretty cool. Throw in Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton trying their hardest to level the Alps without so much as breaking a sweat, and it's difficult not to be impressed.
- Magnificent Bastard: Colonel Turner, although he's quite comprehensively Out-Gambitted by Rolland and Smith.
- Special Effects Failure: While most of the effects, namely explosions, are well done and are, for the most part, realistic enough for most viewers, one instance has not aged well: when Christiansen falls off the tram car, it's quite obviously fake.