YMMV: Wet Hot American Summer
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The "trip to town", which pushes the film into a new realm of outrageous absurdity and kind of sets a new tone for it. Essentially the story revealing its true colours, it also doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Cargo Ship: Christopher Meloni and the refrigerator.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The windy portion of the talent show. Elliot Stabler humping the fridge. Take your pick.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The whole soundtrack and score, packed with cheesy, late-'70s-to-very-early-'80s hits, easily qualifies, but the true Crowning Music has to be the tailor-made '80s-movie-training-montage original song "Higher and Higher".
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Gene. Andy is certainly one too. And J.J., and....
- As one reviewer put it "You don't just have a "favourite character" with this film. You have at least four."
- Fan Disservice: The only actual sex scene in the movie is man-on-man, and it's pretty intense. Although some people will consider this to be Fanservice.
- Values Dissonance: Parodied. The film features a gay wedding, which nobody finds odd or remarkable. In 1981. The two counselors who you think are going to bully the new couple actually go out and buy them a wedding gift from Crate & Barrel.
- The Woobie: Coop. He's a classic case of "nice guys finish last", especially at the very end.