YMMV: Uncle Sam
- Anvilicious: The heroes are a crippled veteran who regrets his service and a draft-dodger. The villain is the reanimated corpse of a Sociopathic Soldier who is so hyperpatriotic that he dresses as a national symbol and kills anyone he feels disgraces the nation. It's obvious how the filmmakers feel about political stances.
- Critical Research Failure: School, in July.
- Could be summer school.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Post-9/11, the film's themes became quite relevant again.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Timothy Bottoms plays a character who fled the country as a protest of the Vietnam War. Bottoms would later play George W. Bush (who was famously pro-war) on That's My Bush! and the TV movie DC 9/11: Time of Crisis.
- He also played the lead in the film version of Johnny Got His Gun, which was made to capitalize on the popularity of the novel during the Vietnam War.
- Memetic Molester: Sam; there's an even an Easter egg in one of the DVD releases that shows a montage of his more... dubious moments.
- Narm Charm: Sam shuffling after Willie (the Uncle Sam on stilts) in the middle of the night.
- Squick: Sam pinning his medals to his rotted flesh.