YMMV: Un Chien Andalou
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: Dalí and Buñuel claimed that it was mostly based on dreams and didn't have any sort of meaning. They were, however, fans of Freud, whose psychoanalysis tried to read meaning from dreams, so don't take the "no meaning" statement too seriously.
- Faux Symbolism: You'd think this movie symbolizes a lot of things, but Dalí said in an interview that nothing symbolizes anything.
- Squick: The eyeball scene.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: Pretty much the whole point of the short.
- Watch It for the Meme: Honestly, the reason most people watch the short is for the infamous eyeball scene.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?