YMMV: True Tears
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The entire show is known for its fitting and beautiful soundtrack. Two examples: "Ichijin no Kaze" and "Noe's theme, which becomes really outstanding in the latter part of the track."
- Memetic Mutation: True Tears only has seven episodes.
- Narm: The constant talk about tears can come across as something very creepy.
- The Scrappy: One of the main complaints with the series is that Shinichirou, the protagonist, is too bland. And that his obsession with Hiromi's tears is cranked up to serial killer levels. Another prospect for future serial killer levels of creepiness is Jun, Noe's brother, who acts like an egoistic jerk throughout the entire series.
- Tear Jerker: Again, what did you expect?
- The Woobie: Noe.