- Harsher in Hindsight: In 1992, Toshi covered The Eagles Hotel California. Reading the lyrics and referencing them with Toshi's description of his experience, three years after that, of being recruited into Home of Heart, is almost chilling.
''Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!" ''
- Ho Yay: From the very beginning of his career he has played with the Leather Man trope being one of the most Hell-Bent for Leather members of X Japan, even more so than the Badass Biker-themed Taiji. He also brought much of the band's fanservice arguably having done male/male fanservice with every member of the band onstage. Post his divorce, his return to being the most leather-clad person in the band, his adoption of The Bear and "samurai" aesthetics, and writing at least one song for his solo career as a Love Confession for Yoshiki, another about "pride of man," and another with an incredibly obvious Uranus double entendre... if he's not gay or male-preferring bisexual, he is the master of pretending to be.
- Loony Fan: In the 90s, he appeared on a TV show and a Fangirl waved from the crowd with a wooden dildo, asking him to sign it. Sadly, said clip has been removed from Youtube and seems to permanently have disappeared into the ether, but a discussion of it can be found here.
- Memetic Mutation: His "french fries" hairstyle during X Japan's Visual Shock phase, which fans believed was "half his height"
- Narm: The entire body of Toshi's Masaya-influenced "iyashi-kei" healing music and T-Earth, right down to the band concept for the latter.
- Nightmare Fuel/ Paranoia Fuel: The person you fell in love with and married slowly destroys every bit of your life, separating you from lifelong friends and family, leading you into a Scam Religion which itself entwines itself in your life. Your concept of reality itself is shattered, you have signed over all of your finances, you work like a slave, you've hurt almost all your friends and possibly contributed to one's death - and you believe every bit of it is just and right and what you deserve, only slowly realizing that your life for the last 12 years or more has been a lie.
- Yoko Oh No: Kaori Moritani - because of all of the above and her ruining his career and life for years.