YMMV: The Wolf Man (1941)
- Awesome Music: Even with the small orchestra that they had, they still managed to create a tragic, haunting, suspenseful, and well done score.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Larry Talbot, played by Lon Chaney, Jr., comes home because his brother died in a hunting accident. Lon Chaney is in fact distantly related to Dick Cheney. Put two and two together.
- Narm Charm: The original makeup has not aged gracefully, and never looked much like a wolf to begin with and yet... it works.
- Signature Scene: Larry attacking Gwen in werewolf form.
- Values Dissonance: Filmed during a simpler time, when a guy could walk up to a lady he has never talked to before and identify the jewelry she keeps in her bedroom, and she wouldn't freak out or call the cops.
- The Woobie: Larry, although not to the Chew Toy extent of his character in the remake.
- The ending makes his father John Talbot one, too.
- The sequels eventually turn him into an Iron Woobie.