YMMV: The Wild
- All Animation Is Disney: Because it was distributed by Disney as part of their deal with C.O.R.E. Feature Animation, a lot of people seem to think it's a Disney movie.
- Not helped by European countries including this film in Disney's official canon, replacing Dinosaur.
- Ear Worm: "Really Nice Day". Including its reprise.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Nigel the koala is incredibly popular, principally because he is voiced by Eddie Izzard.
- Most Annoying Sound: "RYAN! RYAN! RYAAAAAAAAAN!!!!"
- EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. THING. LARRY. SAYS. But especially that "Okay!" he says over and over.
- They Copied It, So It Sucks: Due to a pre-emptive strike by DreamWorks, people have a pretty dim view of this movie compared to the far more successful Madagascar.
- The Scrappy: You will not like that snake Larry.
- Uncanny Valley: A common criticism is that the attempt to integrate realistic animal features with cartoony models led to the designs for certain characters (Larry the anaconda is the most prevalent one) looking far from pretty