Tropers Online: 3,119
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Spider and the Fly
- Rooting for the Empire
- Nightmare Fuel: The fact that quite a lot of Spider's furniture is made out of dead bugs.
- The look on Ms. Fly's face when she's bound up in a web, silk covering her mouth, as Spider's approaching, laughing while wielding a knife and fork
- The ghost bugs, Fly included, after she's been killed, looking sadly at a gravestone.
- All of these, and then you remember that this book was made for children.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The ghost-bugs were handdrawn and then added in later in Photoshop as a transparent layer, giving them the glow.