- Evil Is Sexy: Tiffany Stevens.
- Hollywood Homely: In Chapter 4, Angela explains how she can't see how the Tall, Dark, and Handsome Jorge would want to go out with a Moe Blob like her, however, in the first chapter, she is described as being "quite pretty, with long brown hair and bright brown eyes."
- Ho Yay: Jorge and Tony. Just to drive how close they are, they sing the Ronettes classic "Be My Baby."
- Nightmare Fuel: Jorge's Transformation Sequence. For your reading pleasure... Jorge went on all fours. Suddenly, his eyes turned goldish-green and his pupils slit. All his nails grew to talon length and scratched the floor. His skinny body bulked up with muscle and black fur grew all over his body. His hands and feet got more pawlike and his jaw bulged forward, making a muzzle, and a tail shot from his spine.
- Tear Jerker: The end of Chapter 13.